Thread: SC1 Mod!

Default SC1 Mod!

So I brought this up on the threads awhile back but it sounds like it's definitely going to be possible!

Q. Does map publishing also store any extra resources (sounds, graphics, etc.) specific to the map, or is this a limitation?

A. Yes. If you add art or sound to a map, it's stored in the map and is therefore downloaded with the map once it's published. Long-term we will be adding support for custom mods where other maps can depend on a single mod pack. For example, if the community wanted to build a "Classic StarCraft" mod, they could do that and share it online and then many maps could be built that depend on that mod.
    I would love to play SC1 with the new auto-mine and smart-cast systems! I hope they include all the SC1 units in Galaxy editor.

I can confirm that Medics, Firebats, Goliaths, and Dragoons will be there.

Default Re: SC1 Mod!

As will Vultures, Wraiths, Science Vessels, and Normal Drop ships. The only ones I can not confirm are Behemoth Class Battlecruiser, Arclite Siege tanks, and Valkyries. I am unsure of Protoss and Zerg units besides the Corsair and ones seen in game.

If the Hyperion makes it in (as a unique in-game model) then that should cover Behemoths.

Quote Originally Posted by imdrunkontea View Post
    If the Hyperion makes it in (as a unique in-game model) then that should cover Behemoths.
    I'm hoping that it stays unique, and that they make a model based on this for the Behemoth:

Last edited by Shadow Archon; 03-13-2010 at 08:30 PM.

LoTuS's Avatar Junior Member

What world editor can make, Galaxy can do better. Ofc most of the sc1 units will be on GE, but some units might not be included, leaving room for custom designing the unit model itself. But i doubt people would buy sc2 just to play regular sc with 3D graphics and lazy ways of spell casting. Galaxy can do Waaaay more than that, we might be looking at cs adaptations with the customable UI that it has in store.
    Also, topic name is misleading

Quote Originally Posted by LoTuS View Post
    But i doubt people would buy sc2 just to play regular sc with 3D graphics and lazy ways of spell casting.
    really? i don't doubt for an instant that there are plenty of people who would do just that

"I am part of that power that eternally wills evil and eternally works good."
    - Mephistopheles (Goethe's Faust)

Maul's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFish View Post
    really? i don't doubt for an instant that there are plenty of people who would do just that
    Indeed
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Quote Originally Posted by moosh View Post
    So I brought this up on the threads awhile back but it sounds like it's definitely going to be possible!

I would love to play SC1 with the new auto-mine and smart-cast systems! I hope they include all the SC1 units in Galaxy editor.

I can confirm that Medics, Firebats, Goliaths, and Dragoons will be there.
    Vultures, Wraiths, Reavers, Lurkers, Guardians, those too will be in there.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

I'm nearly 100% sure they confirmed a long time ago that ALL SC1 units would be in the editor
    MAGIKARP USE A SPLASH ATTACK!

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Well the current SC2 "mod" is a reskin of all the protoss textures to make them look as Dark Templar protoss.

Yet this is beta and tools are still poping up for map editors.

And I second that the title is missleading.