Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overlor creep drop VS Creep tumor.

Default Overlor creep drop VS Creep tumor.

So, after playing some games with zergs, and talking only with my personal experience, i think that the creep tumor is the best way to spread the creep, way better than the overlod creep drop.

Tumor is invinsible (or burrowed), spreads creep on a huge area, and with only one that you summon, you can keep creating more and more, at a considerable rate. And your enemy need detectors if they want to destroy every single one of them. It costs the queen energy, but only 50, and once you put the first one, you can completely forget about spending more precious energy on this. Summon 2 tumors, and i bet that the entire map will be completely covered in no time.

With the overlord, you expose your unit (And your supply along the way), and the area covered is way smaller. Some time ago, creep drop was useful because nydus worm needed creep to be created... But right know i think that its just the left over of a mechanic that was changed. Maybe you can use it to block possible expansions, but with a couple of marines, hydras or stalkers, your overlord is history.

So, what do you guys think????
    Waiting...

The damned will return...

Default Re: Overlor creep drop VS Creep tumor.

It's not one or the other. You should always use both.

Overlords help tumors spread creep faster for instance.
    When you block an expansion with creep, it's not really about the OL (and you should have speed by the time he gets a 3rd anyways), but about the time it takes for the creep to receed. It gives you plenty of time to get there before he gets set up.

I use OLs from my base to my nat, and then I just use OLs for expansions (when I remember to) and to help my tumors branch out of my nat.

Artanis's Avatar Junior Member

I agree with Hammy. The zerg land units have great speed boost on creep but creep tumor can be placed only on creep so, for example, you can create nydus worm in some strategic positions then drop creep from OL and then use the Queen to spawn creep tumor. So imo OL can greatly support the creep tumors.
    Battlecruiser operational?

Hammy's got it dead on.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Queens are wicked slow on ground without creep. So pick one up with the overlord. Drop her off at the area you want creep. It only takes a split second to have enough creep to drop the turmor. Then you just move on to the next place. I don't think it's unreasonable to see someone trying to put a creep tumor at every expansion.
    ________
    SexxAffair
    Last edited by TWD; 09-14-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Also, cannot you set up a stronghold, by using an Overlors, a Queen, and some Crawlers? You would even get a speed boost for whatever units you put there. Could be useful to try to contain someone.

If you put a Tumor at every expansion, as TWD says, the enemy needs a detector and some unit to kill the tumor, then wait for Creep to recess to build there. Seems quite powerful.

Does the Tumor give you vision?

Last edited by Norfindel; 03-13-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Crawlers can't be OL transported, but Drones can, but then you'd need extra minerals for them to transform. Of course, the Queen has another advantage (if she stays on) of having Transfusion.

Overlord just has a bug. If you have a bunch of them, when they stop, they don't drop because the pathfinding is slowly pushing them apart, they should fix that bug whereby if the overlord has arrived at your location, the pushing each other apart pathfinding feature shouldn't interrupt creep drop.

I also drop tumors all wiley niley all over the map, the vision they give is a great advantage, renders Xel naga towers virtually not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by screw_ball69 View Post
    I also drop tumors all wiley niley all over the map, the vision they give is a great advantage, renders Xel naga towers virtually not needed.
    Thank you. I hope that the people that support creep drop, is playing the game, not just watching replays, because its huge huge difference.

I dont use the creep drop and risk my overlords. Oh and the nydus creates creep too. Way way better than the creep drop.
    Waiting...

The damned will return...