Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A topic that may pertain to your interests. (lots o images)

Default Re: A topic that may pertain to your interests. (lots o images)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    Actually, one book puts the Terran Battlecruiser at 11 to 12kms in length.
    Oh? Someone said he measured dropships vs loading bays and such and came up with 2.7k. 12km seems a bit high for Terran tech. I wonder what the Carrier is at. If that is true, I'll have to rescale the Juggernaut since it's supposed to be fairly large in comparison to Battlecruisers. But that's okay, the Gahennas Dreadnaught is like 130km.

About my models - they're all very low poly, highest is around 25k or so, most hover around 10k or less. Perfectly usable in sc2... but sc2 is not suitable for a fleet combat mod a lah homeworld 2. So that won't happen. I can't UV, animate, texture, or anything like that, either. Nor can I model characters.

So, if a wc3 mdx to sc2 m3 converter pops out that will enable me to use WoW models in sc2, I'll try modding it, either making an RPG or Armageddon Onslaught 2 - both of which would be private productions. Otherwise I'm not buying the game.
    IskatuMesk,
    Veteran modder & designer, writer, video content producer
    www.campaigncreations.org

Quote Originally Posted by IskatuMesk
    Oh? Someone said he measured dropships vs loading bays and such and came up with 2.7k. 12km seems a bit high for Terran tech. I wonder what the Carrier is at. If that is true, I'll have to rescale the Juggernaut since it's supposed to be fairly large in comparison to Battlecruisers. But that's okay, the Gahennas Dreadnaught is like 130km.
    Well, the videos for Starcraft were never consistent. Some people got over one km from one video, while they got 700 something for another. The book is just another inconsistency as well.

Okay. I just checked your videos for Armageddon Onslaught. Wow. Really wow. Is it even possible to beat the Computer?

Perfectly usable in sc2... but sc2 is not suitable for a fleet combat mod a lah homeworld 2. So that won't happen. I can't UV, animate, texture, or anything like that, either. Nor can I model characters.
    Will the Galaxy editor come with something that will make this possible?

No doubt you'll be able to do stuff like in wc3 where you can have sidescrollers, the fps, ect. But full, dynamic 3d space on the level of homeworld will most likely not be very plausible. Also we can't seem to find a vertical pivot rate for turrets. It may exist, but it's not in the XML files right now.

AO - It is possible to beat the computer... but not probable. Because of the limitations of Starcraft all I really have to work with are attack values. In sc2 I'd be able to make a swath of custom abilities for all of the demons and bring out synergies and such. Hell, even wc3 would open up a tremendous amount of possibilities for the concept, but wc3's AI and pathing are dreadfully bad. Sc2 would probably work very well but only if I can get graphics for it.

AO is is 7v1.
    IskatuMesk,

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

I have been lurking over the files in SC2 and found a lot of additional material that might just be presented as what didn't kicked into SC2 beta. Else, this material offers "empty" spots for the modders to take over. Regardless of what the full game files might contain.

Well... I'm talking about stuff like demons and beasts and such. Things the game won't have for certain.

Also, Blizzard has said that stuff cut from the game in alpha won't be available to modders, contradicting what they've said in the past.
    IskatuMesk,

Have you seen the video where they showed off Galaxy Edit maps and MODS. They created an FPS and arcade style lost vikings game and a few other things. I'm pretty sure you could pull of something close to Homeworld. Galaxy is suppose to set the standard for editors(as far as rts goes). What I'm planning for my mod is something rather huge and I think do able given what I've heard of Galaxy Edits capabilities.

I doubt sc2 will be able to match Supreme Commander in terms of sheer openness, but yes I have seen the videos and know a considerable amount about the engine.

I also know that since Ultralisks can attack buildings on top of cliffs, the Z-axis aspect of the engine is either incomplete or won't function very well for a fully 3d space RTS. I also think that creating vertical movement capabilities as a part of the UI would require serious work well beyond my capabilities.

While I expect great things from sc2, I can't set my sights too high.
    IskatuMesk,

IskatuMesk owns ;D been reading campigncreations for awhile ;d

No matter what, I can wait to see what you do with the sc2 editor haha you guys are insane.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Quote Originally Posted by IskatuMesk View Post
    Also, Blizzard has said that stuff cut from the game in alpha won't be available to modders, contradicting what they've said in the past.
    I think they were just talking about the beta editor in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    I think they were just talking about the beta editor in that regard.
    Well, that's an alternate perspective on it. They were pretty vague about it. I hope you're right. There's a lot of effects and stuff that I'd find very useful, like the mothership's WWI warp-in and such...
    IskatuMesk,