Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you love how Battlecruiser looks?

Default Do you love how Battlecruiser looks?

First of all, I'm not in beta, and I'm making this assumption from streams I have watched so far, if you are in beta, it would be better if you guys said your first-hand opinions.

Now, do you guys like how Battlecruiser looks? Personally I don't, it looks like a inflatable/stuffed toy that is completely edible lol.

Seriously, they all shine too much and I just can't see that metalish feeling as it did in the original SC. This applies most of the Terran units, but Battlecruiser is the most dramatic in it.
    ''Hang in there. We're in the final stretch."
    -Dustin Browder, 16/02/09

Default Re: Do you love how Battlecruiser looks?

Needs more obvious turrets. All the lasers seem to fire from the same place, which I'm sure isn't really the case.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Needs more obvious turrets. All the lasers seem to fire from the same place, which I'm sure isn't really the case.
    The lasers should come from different place... many cannons shooting, that would look more like what I imaging of a "BattleCruiser"

Lasers DO come from different places. I checked.
    I saw that with my low settings. Guys, what's with you?...

I like how BC looks. The main concept of a gigantic, hulky ship. In SC1 it was flat, and now it is fixed. Gooood.)

Looks too much like a tonka-toy (or like, as MilleniumDH said, a stuffed/inflated toy) for my liking.

Now this is a true-to-form Battlecruiser, and that's just made of lego, think of what a genuine Blizzard model would look like if it were designed along these lines:
    Last edited by MattII; 03-03-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Have tried switching graphical settings to higher levels? )
    Don't like being Captain Obvious, but I don't anything looks like toys on higher settings.

But on lower Zerg looks like plush toyz. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MattII View Post
    Looks too much like a tonka-toy (or like, as MilleniumDH said, a stuffed/inflated toy) for my liking.

Now this is a true-to-form Battlecruiser, and that's just made of lego, think of what a genuine Blizzard model would look like if it were designed along these lines:
    This is just full of awesomeness :grin. Can we get a close up on those mutas?

I am not in the beta, but have watched my share of shoutcasts. To me, the BC looks ok in its SC2 form. Perhaps a bit bright in the colors, but not so bright as SC1.

On a related note: Is anyone having as much trouble as I am seeing team colors on small zerg and protoss units?

That picture is pure win. Let's make a Lego StarCraft game!

I like how the BC looks when it has Yamato, but am still ticked that it doesn't have its other options. Not that Terran needs more options, but it sounded fun.

Without Yamato, it -does- look like a Tonka Toy. And yes, my settings are on Ultra. I stole back my wife's 5870 so there's no doubt about the graphics.
    Without a home. Without a people. Without mercy. The Arcani

Blizzard's Exact Mathematical Definition of Soon™: {soon|1 month<soon<∞}

Another?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyvik View Post
    I like how the BC looks when it has Yamato, but am still ticked that it doesn't have its other options. Not that Terran needs more options, but it sounded fun.
    Don't worry, it could come back in a different patch of beta.

0neder's Avatar Junior Member

The Battlecruiser is like a commercial semi truck that's metal but has a thick layer of dirt from extended use.

Although I think it would be nice to have a little more metalicness to it, there are two things I really love about it:

1 - the new attack makes it more like the massive support unit we saw in the SC1 cinematic w/ marines vs the zerg

2 - Yamato is as awesome as ever (sound)