Thread: What Protoss phrases do we know the meaning of?

Default What Protoss phrases do we know the meaning of?

I recall reading somewhere (probably the Dark Templar trilogy) that 'Adun Toridas' translates roughly to something like 'Adun watch over you', and 'En Taro Adun' means 'in Honour of Adun'.

What about "Khassar De Templari"? That's probably the one I hear the most often, now that the High Templar still says that in SC2. And then of course, there are all the random things they say in battle.

Is there a list somewhere where these are translated? :]

Default Re: What Protoss phrases do we know the meaning of?

Here: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Khal...slated_Phrases

Most of the phrases aren't translated, but there's a section for those that have been.
    Last edited by Kimera757; 03-22-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Cool, thanks for that :].

I know what are going through, there's not much information about Khalani and very few sentences have translations.

I'm working to give meaning to the phrases, but giving them grammar at the same time, so we can make new sentences from them. You'll see that some of this translated sentences are analysed in my project:

http://khalani-language.blogspot.com/

And I will soon add many more as I progress. I am right now conducting some research to see if I can glean something from the quotations.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
    I recall reading somewhere (probably the Dark Templar trilogy) that 'Adun Toridas' translates roughly to something like 'Adun watch over you', and 'En Taro Adun' means 'in Honour of Adun'.

What about "Khassar De Templari"? That's probably the one I hear the most often, now that the High Templar still says that in SC2. And then of course, there are all the random things they say in battle.

Is there a list somewhere where these are translated? :]
    That's actually very interesting because it's arguably the most uttered phrase in the game, right?

In my attempt to create the Khalani language I have analyzed this particular sentence, explaining the difficulties. For example, should we expect the term "Templar" to be exactly as the English word? I talk about this phrase here.

You are more than welcome to share opinions there.