Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seige Tank Range

Default Seige Tank Range

Seems to me like the tanks have such a short range in siege mode. Their range is 7 which is only slightly more than Stalkers at 6. They're not particularly useful for much right now I think and I think if they had range 8 or 9 that would make PvT a little fairer and using the factory actually viable.

Default Re: Seige Tank Range

They do not have 7 range... maybe in TANK mode...

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

I sense much fail in the OP.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Woops I was looking at the wrong numbers, but I made this thread because of how short range they felt. Just look a their circle you can see they don't fire far. Maybe I just miss the old tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Noise View Post
    Woops I was looking at the wrong numbers, but I made this thread because of how short range they felt. Just look a their circle you can see they don't fire far. Maybe I just miss the old tanks.
    They fire as far as they did in SC1. It's just in... 3D!!

That's an awesome optical illusion, looks like they can only fire 40 metres. Well let's make some use of this thread, I think mech in general is far less useful than infantry. Hellions are nothing compared to vultures and tanks are more expensive for fairly similar damage. You can't get as many tanks and you can't get mines, so I don't think the terran will ever be able to control the map as well as in SC1.

I still use tanks roughly 90% of the time I play Terran. The allow me to contain myself or the enemy so well that I cannot pass them up. Yeah they're more expensive and I notice that dearly while I am researching/building them, but heck, the area denial they provide is priceless in my opinion. Plus, they don't always have to be in siege mode and they do a nice 20 damage to armored units. Good to have a couple of tanks around if you're attacking zerg , rips roaches to shreds. The only problem is zerglings coming into the mix, they are the tanks worst nightmare >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Noise View Post
    Well let's make some use of this thread, I think mech in general is far less useful than infantry.
    They both have their uses. Generally speaking, right now, a mixture of mech and infantry is actually a really good option. (Either hellions/MnMnM or Siege Tanks/Marine + Medivac)

Hellions are nothing compared to vultures
    If you mean they don't get spider-mines, then sure. Otherwise they're pretty much superior to vultures in almost every way. Especially after you upgrade them.

and tanks are more expensive for fairly similar damage.
    They do A TON more damage, especially against light targets. And they're only very slightly more expensive. Siege Tanks do horrible, horrible things to my Hydralisks... things SC1 siege tanks couldn't even dream of!!

You can't get as many tanks and you can't get mines, so I don't think the terran will ever be able to control the map as well as in SC1.
    You can't get as many tanks, but they're exponentially more powerful. You just need to be more careful with them. Otherwise I agree. I still think the Raven should have mineral costs for it's abilities and have spider-mine... but eh. I also kinda like the Raven the way it is now too.

Overall the ST is still nerfed, but on a per-unit basis the 60 flat damage is better than the "70" damage that the SC1 version did

Quote Originally Posted by imdrunkontea View Post
    Overall the ST is still nerfed
    It's different. It's A LOT more powerful in quite a few ways. To compensate for that it costs more minerals and an extra supply point.

but on a per-unit basis the 60 flat damage is better than the "70" damage that the SC1 version did
    What do you mean by 'on a per-unit basis'? It attacks faster too. That means it probably deals about the same amount of damage to armored targets and way more to light targets.