Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The First Patch

LoTuS's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: The First Patch

Addition of sc2 World Editor

Quote Originally Posted by tam View Post
    for the response on chrono not being affected much by the need for gateways:

ponder one thing, zerg need pool for queen, terrans need orbital command for mules, hence protoss should need something for chronos. would make it fair
    They're entirely different mechanics. You can't say just because one has to wait they all should.

Hatchery will be raised to 400 minerals. Right now zerg can get thier main building before Terran or Protoss. By making them come at the same time it will be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherofAiur View Post
    Hatchery will be raised to 400 minerals. Right now zerg can get thier main building before Terran or Protoss. By making them come at the same time it will be balanced.
    That doesn't make any sense... besides the fact that every race STARTS with a main building, the two situations are not even remotely related. This is the beta, chrono-boost SHOULD be balanced around becoming available at the same time as the other two race's macro mechanics. That only makes sense from a macro-management point of view.

I mean what if Zerg and Terran had to build their town halls at the beginning of the game?

It also should not have to be cast twice as much as the Orbital Commands' spells and the Queen's spawn larvae ability is.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

D8's were so much cooler (and probably more balanced) when they were timed spider mines :\

Well, I don't know. They can't stay where the heck they are. Having a combat unit that can climb cliffs at tier 1 makes NO SENSE. Speedlings or not. Colossi are tier 2.5 or so, Stalkers need a tier 2 upgrade to blink. Everything that flies is tier 2 or later (or is impossibly slow). What makes Reapers so different?
    These are not balance questions you're asking. Balance questions are, "Is this overpowered?" If Reapers are not overpowered at Tier 1, then there is no balance-based reason to move them.

That doesn't make any sense...
    But it's the same logic you use for Chrono Boost. Expanding is a macro mechanic too; why shouldn't it cost the same for each race?

chrono-boost SHOULD be balanced around becoming available at the same time as the other two race's macro mechanics. That only makes sense from a macro-management point of view.
    Why? Zerg can produce Drones faster than any other race, even without SL. And yet that seemed to work out OK in SC1.

By your logic, it would be perfectly reasonable to ask that the Zerg Queen to be part of a 1000+ Hp building, rather than living in 175 Hp. And it shouldn't be able to attack. And all the macro mechanics should all do the same thing.

Not everything about the macro mechanics needs to be the same.

And if they're back on the gateway they NEED to take a nerf.
    So why move them there if all that's going to do is nerf them? I don't understand why having 4 units coming from one building is such a bad thing.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    Uh, not really. 60 shields is still 6 siege tank hits they can absorb. And if they're back on the gateway they NEED to take a nerf. Maybe not that severe, but I'm not fantastic with numbers.
    as if ST's are the only thing we want countered... 6 shots isnt much for marauders or stalkers or roaches... As is, the immortal is seriously strong against all armored targets on the ground, and i like that. it might be slightly OP right now, but not dramatically, it IS expensive and quite vulnerable to low damage attacks and pretty much all AtG

Well, I don't know. They can't stay where the heck they are. Having a combat unit that can climb cliffs at tier 1 makes NO SENSE. Speedlings or not. Colossi are tier 2.5 or so, Stalkers need a tier 2 upgrade to blink. Everything that flies is tier 2 or later (or is impossibly slow). What makes Reapers so different?
    its still so early, i think numerical changes makes most sense atm, to let things land a bit, before messing up the techtrees once again. in this case, that means a huge numerical nerf to D8 damage... for example, cut it to 10-15 damage and maybe even slower tan current attack-speed. to compensate smoothly, give it about that high benefits from regular damage upgrades.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    They're entirely different mechanics. You can't say just because one has to wait they all should.
    Yeah, but it isn't balanced... MULES and Spawn Larvae can't speed up your upgrade research and still Chrono Booster comes way before those two. It need little tweaking. It should be possible to do it after Gateway. And maybe give it cooldown or something, since you can cast it 4 times and those 4 times can be 1 for speeding up your probes production, 1 for Research and 2 for Gateways. I can't see what Zerg or Terran can do to make it even.

Terrans are in the worst position since they only have faster Mineral gathering and they can't use it always since they need energy for scouting... Zerg has Spawn Larvae and Creep Tumor which is extremely useful, just people don't know about it... And what Protoss has? Oh yeah, just Chrono Booster, so he doesn't actually need to chose between 2 abilities and he has it much earlier than Zerg or Terran....

Well, you can't have everything... Broken Mechanic is Broken... That is just like saying, Reapers are fine...

as if ST's are the only thing we want countered... 6 shots isnt much for marauders or stalkers or roaches... As is, the immortal is seriously strong against all armored targets on the ground, and i like that. it might be slightly OP right now, but not dramatically, it IS expensive and quite vulnerable to low damage attacks and pretty much all AtG
    This!
    Last edited by RamiZ; 02-23-2010 at 07:29 AM.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Immortals deal 30 damage(+30vs armored) to light is that worthless? They are seriously OP for 250 minerals and 100 gas you get a probably unmatched on the ground by armored units.So what kind of counter does the terrans have? Marines? who get sliced in 2 hits by zealots and if immortals are present so will be charge...I mean Thor-armored,Tank-armored,Marauder-armored,Hellion-armored....WTF?

Here's what i think about a new patch :

1.Increase queen's spawn larva skill energy to 50 or 75
    2.NERF Immortals probably back to 20+(20) or 15+(25)
    3.Phoenix's should either get more IAS or give them bonus damage vs biological
    4.Increase tank hp by 50 and armor by 1;give them more damage in tank mode OR let them attack while moving(like Sc1-AND probably every tank in the 21st century !)
    5.Increase cost for Battlecruisers to 450/350 or 425/375,increase hp to 600,armor to 4, and 2plasma/laser attacks each 30(+3per upg) damage, OR make yamato deal some splash dmg OR bring back the 2 other choices-Missile barrage,Defensive Matrix
    6.Boost Hydralisk a bit(for 2 supply creatures they sure a not so impressive) probably add 10 hp,1 armor,and give back the Muscular Augments
    7.NERF roaches,probably reduce hp by 20 and increase supply back to 2...
    8.Make Thor's Anti Air 6dmg x 4 attacks (+6vs light)
    9.Stalkers damage should be 11 not 8+(6vs armored)
    10.Give zerg a ground siege unit(probably the lurker back) OR reduce banelings damage vs buildings.
    11.Reduce reapers attack vs buildings to 20-30 OR give them the old D8 charge ability
    12.Void Rays should have their dmg reduce vs buildings BUT not againts armored or something like that
    13.Carriers should have to research the ability to build 8 interceptors and make them more easy to by target by attack button or special abilites(because those swarming interceptors really make that hard)

That's for now i'm sure you will probably like some of those and others not

First of Immortals do 20 damage(+30 vs armored) and in last StarCraftLegacy videos you can see how they get completely destroyed by M&M&M combo, you can have 5 Marines for one Immortal and I don't want to talk about gas cost. They are really high in the tech and no they are not OP for the cost.

In last SCLegacy video you can see how Ghosts counter all Protoss units perfectly well, together with Immortals... And when Terran started to lose, he was losing cause of Psi Storms, Protoss player stopped producing Immortals cause they were useless in that situation...
    Here is the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOM7LykoVbE&feature=sub

10.Give zerg a ground siege unit(probably the lurker back) OR reduce banelings damage vs buildings.
    You wanted to put "AND" there, not "OR", since with "OR" it doesn't make much sense.
    "Living for the Swarm!"