Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The First Patch

Default The First Patch

When do you guys think the first patch will be released? Anyone know how long it took before the WC3 Beta was patched?

Lets get a list going of changes we want to see in the first patch. Try to be as specific as possible. Something like "D8 Charges should have their damage reduced" not "Reapers are OP".

Here are a few of the huge ones that stand out to me.

• Phoenix need to have their attack speed increased
    • Interceptors need to have their damage reduced.
    • D8 Charges should have their damage reduced or maybe researched

EDIT: Ugh meant to put this in the General forum. Any mods willing to move this for me?
    Last edited by Hav0x; 02-22-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Default Re: The First Patch

i definately agree on phoenix and d8 charges, d8 charges are just way to strong on a starting reaper. they should eventuallllllllly become that strong, just not at the beginning, so i think having research different levels for it would help effectively nerf them

as for interceptors, dont really have a beef with them really, only way they are a viable threat is if they achieve critical mass of carriers and attack damage lowered or not will make no difference there like in sc1. they are an end game army unit for a reason, so i think they should stay the way they are.

one other thing i think will get a nerf is chrono boast. as a toss player i admit i abused it to holy hell and loved every minute of it, but i see the complaints and i do agree it is too free too early compared to the other races. maybe making it need more energy or need a gateway built first would effectively help to nerf it a bit
    "look at the pretty mushroom clowds..." ~ gifted

"please, spade and neuter your pets....or else i'll nuke you!" ~ gifted

"My Wife For Hire!" "uhh dude its my life for aiur" "ahh.....makes more sense..."

Quote Originally Posted by tam View Post
    i definately agree on phoenix and d8 charges, d8 charges are just way to strong on a starting reaper. they should eventuallllllllly become that strong, just not at the beginning, so i think having research different levels for it would help effectively nerf them

as for interceptors, dont really have a beef with them really, only way they are a viable threat is if they achieve critical mass of carriers and attack damage lowered or not will make no difference there like in sc1. they are an end game army unit for a reason, so i think they should stay the way they are.

one other thing i think will get a nerf is chrono boast. as a toss player i admit i abused it to holy hell and loved every minute of it, but i see the complaints and i do agree it is too free too early compared to the other races. maybe making it need more energy or need a gateway built first would effectively help to nerf it a bit
    I don't know if requiring a Gateway would make much of a difference. I usually only get one Chrono Boost maybe two by the time my Gateway is finished. That one extra probe (cuts build time by 50% so it would equal 1 extra probe if you are pumping them as fast as possible) isn't really going to make a difference.

D8 charges researched makes more sense to me, more strategy.... do you both with them or just raid workers fast? How would the opponent react? I like that sense of fear that you have to have the first 5 minutes of the game that puts you in check. I think everyone's strategy is reacting to the reapers and being able to counter them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

D8 should totally be an upgrade after factory, or nerfed in half at least.

I kinda think reapers should go back to requiring the factory themselves... merc haven after the factory.

In general I think Terran have too much barracks tech, and then Protoss have too much robo tech. (Too much? Too little? They don't have to build enough for their units.)

In general I like these changes:

* Phoenix need to have their attack speed increased
    * Interceptors need to have their damage reduced.
    * D8 Charges should have their damage reduced or maybe researched
    And I'd like to add some of my own:

• Put the Immortal back on the Gateway (requiring twilight council). But reduce it's shields to 60 and damage to 20 + 15.
    • Make the Reaper require the Merc Haven, which in turn requires a Factory. Make D8 charges back into an ability, but make it require an upgrade. Make the Reapers not require their speed upgrade for faster movement. (i.e. They are naturally as fast as they are now WITH their speed upgrade)
    • Give the Overseer some abilities...
    • Bring back the Dark Pylon (100/100 HP/Shields, costs 200 minerals, provides pylon power but no supply) and put Chrono Boost on it. Increase Chrono Boost's cost to 75 energy. Give the Dark Pylon two other worthwhile abilities that are defense-oriented.

That's all I can think of. This is just a personal wish-list.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

You know after abusing Void Rays for the past couple hours I think that little delay after they kill something where their beam stays fully charged for a few seconds needs to be either shorter or non existant. I've just been sneaking 6 voids into the back of bases and taking out Nexus/Hatchery/CC and then moving on to other buildings. That little delay between kills where the beam stays fully charged is wicked. My 6 voids can take a Pylon out in about 1.5 seconds.

I love it but I think it needs to be nerfed.

Put the Immortal back on the Gateway (requiring twilight council). But reduce it's shields to 60 and damage to 20 + 15.
    Thus making it entirely useless for either of its intended goals (anti-armored, and tanking).

Make the Reaper require the Merc Haven, which in turn requires a Factory. Make D8 charges back into an ability, but make it require an upgrade. Make the Reapers not require their speed upgrade for faster movement. (i.e. They are naturally as fast as they are now WITH their speed upgrade)
    Yeah, make them so late and high tech that they're completely worthless!

At least a Spire is worth something after you're done with Mutalisk harassment. Reapers aren't. If you're going to make them that high tech, so high tech that their natural counters are already out en masse, then they damn well better be able to insta-kill Pylons in groups no greater than 5.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

for the response on chrono not being affected much by the need for gateways:

ponder one thing, zerg need pool for queen, terrans need orbital command for mules, hence protoss should need something for chronos. would make it fair
    "look at the pretty mushroom clowds..." ~ gifted

"please, spade and neuter your pets....or else i'll nuke you!" ~ gifted

"My Wife For Hire!" "uhh dude its my life for aiur" "ahh.....makes more sense..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
    Thus making it entirely useless for either of its intended goals (anti-armored, and tanking).
    Uh, not really. 60 shields is still 6 siege tank hits they can absorb. And if they're back on the gateway they NEED to take a nerf. Maybe not that severe, but I'm not fantastic with numbers.

Yeah, make them so late and high tech that they're completely worthless!
    Well, I don't know. They can't stay where the heck they are. Having a combat unit that can climb cliffs at tier 1 makes NO SENSE. Speedlings or not. Colossi are tier 2.5 or so, Stalkers need a tier 2 upgrade to blink. Everything that flies is tier 2 or later (or is impossibly slow). What makes Reapers so different?

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!