Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Unique Mothership and Zerg

Default Ideas for Unique Mothership and Zerg

I have an idea so that the Mother ship can be unique. Give it crazy stats and offensive abilities, but making it have a really long time to build. It also would alert other players like "Warning, Mothership is being warped in." Any ideas, so it doesn't stay an Arbiter Mk2? I know its not worked out, but what do you guys think? What ways could make this reasonable?

Also, should there be a warning voice stating: "Warning, battle zone at 50% creep"?
    Last edited by Shadow Archon; 02-27-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Default Re: Ideas for Unique Mothership and Zerg

No offense but, bad idea!

Uh, no. The Mothership should stay what she is: a powerful support unit.

She just shouldn't be as similar to the Arbiter as she is now. That means removing Recall and replacing it with Temporal Rift, and maybe giving her back Wormhole Transit and increasing it's energy cost and giving it a 5-second cast-time.

Otherwise I was quite happy with her skill set before hand.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Personally I'd rather drop the MShip altogether and replace it with something with a reasonable chance of getting balanced, like the old Star Relic.

Quote Originally Posted by MattII View Post
    Personally I'd rather drop the MShip altogether and replace it with something with a reasonable chance of getting balanced, like the old Star Relic.
    The Mothership is perfectly balancable. The one-per-player limit is a method of balancing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    The Mothership is perfectly balancable. The one-per-player limit is a method of balancing it.
    Hopefully, in the campaign, they'll give you Motherships with most of the abilities they dropped. I see the Mothership as something taking on entire fleets and armies by itself, not a support ship like the Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    Hopefully, in the campaign, they'll give you Motherships with most of the abilities they dropped. I see the Mothership as something taking on entire fleets and armies by itself, not a support ship like the Arbiter.
    That's exactly what it SHOULDN'T be. It should be a REALLY powerful support unit. (Much moreso than the Arbiter.) But they specifically mentioned in A LOT of interviews that they didn't want her to be a one-woman-army.

But in the campaign, sure.

That's exactly what it SHOULDN'T be. It should be a REALLY powerful support unit. (Much moreso than the Arbiter.) But they specifically mentioned in A LOT of interviews that they didn't want her to be a one-woman-army.
    My lore-sense is just disagreeing with how it is depicted in multiplayer.

But in the campaign, sure.
    I should be happy once Legacy of the Void comes out if they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    My lore-sense is just disagreeing with how it is depicted in multiplayer.
    Um... what lore sense?

The game isn't out yet. There's no official lore for the unit yet. And anyway, the lore says they were exploration ships transformed into warships. Why does that mean they need to be uber-offensive themselves? They could be... support war-ships.

Um... what lore sense?

The game isn't out yet. There's no official lore for the unit yet. And anyway, the lore says they were exploration ships transformed into warships. Why does that mean they need to be uber-offensive themselves? They could be... support war-ships.
    The Mothership short story and its description on the site gave me that view of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCII
    At the heart of each mothership is a huge khaydarin crystal infused with an incredible amount of psionic energy. By tapping into this energy, a mothership can warp or crack the very fabric of space and time itself. The devastating power of a mothership can wipe out squadrons of enemy ships in the blink of an eye or lay waste to entire planets. As the golden age reached its apogee, the motherships were left in place as titanic monuments at the farthest reaches of protoss exploration. It was believed that their like would not be needed again.
    I highly doubt that it is just a support ship with that kind of firepower.