Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The VA of Aldaris returns as the Protoss advisor, lore implications?

Default The VA of Aldaris returns as the Protoss advisor, lore implications?

Upon hearing the voice of the "new" Protoss advisor it is obvious that it's the voice of Paul Eiding again, the voice actor of the SC1 advisor and of Aldaris. In SC1 there seemed to be a character connected to each racial advisor, the Overmind to the Zerg, the robot to the Terrans and Aldaris to the Protoss (at least at first, when the advisor characters became the enemy or died it stopped making much sense). Do you think there will be a character connected to this advisor voice again, or did Blizzard use Paul Eiding again because his voice is just that awesome?

Personally, I hope it will turn out to be a son of Aldaris. Aldaris was after all pretty old and should have children given that they have survived. Also, Blizzard is fond of bringing the children of dead heroes into play when they think resurrecting the heroes themselves will be just too cheesy, the most notorious example being Hellscream in WoW.

Default Re: The VA of Aldaris returns as the Protoss advisor, lore implications?

I love Paul Eiding, nuff said. I'm glad he's back.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: The VA of Aldaris returns as the Protoss advisor, lore implications?

There's no proof that Aldaris even died since the death animation is supposed to be him warping back to a safe haven. And Artanis didn't mention his name when he ranted the list of casualties to Kerrigan. I called this a while ago though.

It's a cruel joke I tell you! We will never hear the end of it.

Decepticons, transform and rise up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    There's no proof that Aldaris even died since the death animation is supposed to be him warping back to a safe haven. And Artanis didn't mention his name when he ranted the list of casualties to Kerrigan. I called this a while ago though.
    I'm pretty sure it was meant that Kerrigan killed Aldaris in that scene.

Besides, the Protoss that get warped out tend to be critically wounded and wind up in Dragoons. But since they lost the technology to do so and the only alternative is a Dark Templar Stalker, I think it's safe to guess that Aldaris would have chosen death.

Well, some of the supposedly killed people could have survived, but won't it be really lame from Blizzard to mention that Aldaris or any of the others survived by now?

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Yeah I don't think he's coming back either to tell you the truth.

If they brought Aldaris back from the dead I would seriously reconsider getting into the storyline of SC2... >_<

I mean I already am, after the hackjob they've been doing with WoW, but still.

Anyway, I think the Protoss advisor is the Master of the Tribunal. He popped up a few times in SC1 (Dark Vengenace, Dark Origin...) and sort of acted like the Terran Adjutant. Honestly, they kinda should keep it to story neutral characters like the Terran Adjutant or the Zerg Queen simply so that there AREN'T story issues like you betraying Aldaris or the Overmind dying.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

I have no doubt Paul Eiding will have a role in StarCraft, but I think his role as the adviser is just a place-holder.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

He'll be a character who plans to construct additional pylons for a mass Warp-In.
    Decepticons, transform and rise up!