Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A battle report before the beta?

Smile A battle report before the beta?

Hey guys! Do you think there is a battle report yet to come before the beta? What do you think?

Default Re: A battle report before the beta?

Nah... given how long it takes them to find a game, I'd rather they just get to work on beta. We'll have more BRs than we know what to do with when that happens.

I highly doubt it. All they said was that BR2 would come out before bata starts.

Back with all gun's blazing.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I really couldn't care less any more. Once the beta starts, we'll be flooded by user videos anyway. Many of which will have much better commentary.

According to a recent Dustin Browder post, it takes them about a month to do a Battle Report. They should be using that time to work on the game since that'll get it out sooner and will actually have a lasting effect. Increasing the development time by quite a bit just isn't worth it when the reward is one single video.

Now, this had a great amount of appeal before the beta was announced to be so soon, but, now, we know we'll be getting massive amounts of videos throughout the course of the beta.

The appeal of Battle Reports will be almost gone once high-quality beta videos start popping out.

Dear god, I hope not. Given the way they produce those things it could be another year before the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderBrigade View Post
    Dear god, I hope not. Given the way they produce those things it could be another year before the next one.
    qft. Blizzardand their localization stuff...

Battle reports showcase the new units and their abilities quite nicely, as well as the new terrain features such as destructible rocks and such, but the commentary does not explain the game in depth at all. I found that it was mostly Bowder talking about how a certain unit was really good if there were a lot of them. Not helpful >_>

Hopefully, once the beta comes out, we can get a proper metagame going, with commentaries explaining different possible builds.

Antarus's Avatar Junior Member

I would have to agree, I would prefer to see the Beta next, not another Blizzard Battle Report.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

I agree as well

il rather get the beta than another br

with overpowered terrans and 20 minutes of low thier units

Rylin's Avatar Junior Member

That and I've been rather disappointed by the battle reports and lack of not showing anything we haven't seen yet in action. It's been a Tier 1/2 unit slugfest until one side wins. I would expect to see more of the middle to end-game units since we haven't seen much on those but eh.

I'm still excited nonetheless for their efforts in providing them to the community.

Will we see another battle report before the beta? Not likely.
    Starcraft.org
    Admin - Senior Managing Editor