Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard aiming for release in June?

Default Blizzard aiming for release in June?

I hear the game's slated to release in June. (if no major issues arise with the beta) My source is very trustworthy and reliable. =)

And Cataclysm should release somewhere between July and November of this year. (Second half of 2010)

This would mean the beta won't last more than 3-4 months! (Which is odd because Blizzard game betas usually last 5-6 months...)

EDIT: Didn't the WoW:WotLK beta last 3-4 months?
    Last edited by Alex06; 02-18-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Default Re: Blizzard aiming for release in June?

The game is pretty much polished. A few bug fixes and optimizations and a few tweaks...it should be fine.

This is only a RTS, not a MMORPG. They have also delayed it a year to polish it up. They said so themselves they're aiming for a June release. Traditional Blizzard RTS release time (june/july) .

I think they don't want StarCraft 2 to overloom Activision Blizzard's other releases in the fall. Also this game has a massive following. They don't really need to worry about a "Holiday release" .

It will come out when it comes out. Truthfully, after watching some of the streams, the game still needs alot of work.

The Zerg voice for the adjutant needs to go bye bye...
    The need to balance things so it is not so rock, paper, scissor.
    They are having issues with memory leaks and processor compatibility, which for me, is bad considering I am UGing to an i7 just to play this game.

There are alot of builds and units right now that just are not working due to some pretty nasty imbalances. Do not be surprised if you see units removed entirely and/or new units added during the beta to supplement the holes that are left.

Anyway this speculation doesn't seem to really be contributing a lot to the community. Blizzard already said Q2 and even with a slight delay, it will be worth it. Enjoy the beta / streaming.
    Guess its not a good day to be a bad guy huh skank!?

I dont think it'll make June. As others have stated, SCII has to be balanced from the get-go not 4 versions/patches down the road. I'm thinking its going to be one long Beta. Which is fine with me
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

To be the optimist in the group I would point out that how long the beta lasts will hinge greatly on how many people participate and IF they do their jobs correctly. If the pool grows large quickly they will have lots of data to sift through and the beta period won't have to be so long. We'll have to see

June would be great, but I think it will drift in to July. That's great though, if you really think about it. A lot of people are off from school/college...or take vacation time away from work in mid summer. I'm personally going to take a day or two off from work to really appreciate this game.

june/july does make sense and sounds legit...but then again they already told us that

Cata is expect November like all the other WoW's...they dont release WoW for the holiday sales...its just there. With WoW you can release it whenever the hell you want all of us addicts will lick the floors for a copy.

Blizzard has zombies as a fanbase

Ooooh wow. I have to say the entire old world getting redone does sing a sirens song to me. But I just know it's the same game in the end, and I had a great, great time playing it, but that time has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    I dont think it'll make June. As others have stated, SCII has to be balanced from the get-go not 4 versions/patches down the road. I'm thinking its going to be one long Beta. Which is fine with me
    It took 3 years (patch 1.08) and an expansion to balance SC 1. Undoubtedly, there will be balance changes for the next couple years, especially after the release of each expansion.

I'm guessing SC 2 will go gold in the Aug/Sept time frame.

Keep in mind that not only does the game need to be balanced and patched up tight it also has to be printed, pressed and shipped and you know made into a actual product, not exactly a overnight thing