Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blog Update

Default Re: Blog Update

Nicol, do you have a stream as well?
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Nicol, do you have a stream as well?
    No. I don't care much for that sort of thing.

I would be interested to know how to record videos, though.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

New post on the so-called imbalanced Reapers.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Feel like posting any reps of the games you discuss? I'd be interested in seeing them .

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Nice blog, I'm following it xD
    Find Humanity ... Assimilate ... Learn ... Evolve.

i found a typo at one point where you wrote "different" instead of difference

also:
    For all other spellcasters, it is. The SC1 Queen is our best example of this. Spawn Broodling is a spell that is worthy of research due to its power. It instantly kills one unit. It's 150 energy cost compared with the utility of this power is what makes it unworkable. Thinning out the number of Siege Tanks would be valuable, but 8 Mutalisks have more general utility than 4 Queens with Broodling. So as useful as it potentially is to kill even quite a few of a Terran's tank force or even just Medics for their M&M ball, it simply isn't worth the cost.
    we all get your point, but queens cost 100/100 in the latter patches of sc/bw ... so that would be 8 queens compared to 8 mutas. which would in theory be worthwhile vs tanks, if it wasnt for the extreme micro-intensity to cast.

nice blog-post otehrwsie.. its been too long sicne the last update. keep it up!

peace.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Well said, I think people need to start doing this more often!

A practice partner is the best way to learn ofc

I am reading your blog, and though I dont always agree I am enjoying it so far.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

There is another.
    Very good advice - I do feel people are far too caught up with the whole 'rank' thing. I fully agree. Not just for the sake of the player's own improvement in the long run - (as you point out) but I feel that its also keeping the testers from taking chances with the game itself; I feel a lot of beta players (present company excepted, of course) are relying on the "tried-and-true" builds to maintain winning streaks as opposed to what they really should be doing, and thats ensuring SC is as balanced a possible - to do that, one needs to be more concerned about breaking the new game than they should about making sure that the old game still works...While I'm not expecting any 255 worker rushes, there are many units, spells and combos I've been expecting to see more of, that have barely seen use.

What Blizz should really do is make a promise to blank out the rankings before the day of release. - Knowing that the slate will eventually be cleaned, players will be less focused on those rankings, and hopefully concentrate on more creative builds and strats.

Last edited by Caliban113; 03-13-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen