Thread: Is owning a Blizzard game the only thing required for opt-in?

Default Is owning a Blizzard game the only thing required for opt-in?

I never thought about this, but I have an inactive (frozen) WoW game on my battle.net page, has blizzard said anything like ''WoW must be active to have a chance to get opted in.''?
    ''Hang in there. We're in the final stretch."
    -Dustin Browder, 16/02/09

Default Re: Is owning a Blizzard game the only thing required for opt-in?

This is all I could find.

This is the first important part. If you have a game added like the picture shows, just go to step 4. If not, then there are two ways to do this. Either Merge a World of Warcraft® Account on the top of the page, or Add a Game, marked out on the picture to the right.

Adding a game will open the page shown below, where you just enter the CD key of your game, and Add Game. To merge a WoW account, please notice that EU accounts may not yet be available for merging yet.

If you are not able to add a game, you are NOT going to be able to opt in for a StarCraft II beta key.

Quote Originally Posted by SinsWage View Post
    This is all I could find.

This is the first important part. If you have a game added like the picture shows, just go to step 4. If not, then there are two ways to do this. Either Merge a World of Warcraft® Account on the top of the page, or Add a Game, marked out on the picture to the right.

Adding a game will open the page shown below, where you just enter the CD key of your game, and Add Game. To merge a WoW account, please notice that EU accounts may not yet be available for merging yet.

If you are not able to add a game, you are NOT going to be able to opt in for a StarCraft II beta key.
    Obviously it was active when I added it, but today I also updated my beta preferences, I hope it won't make it any worse.
    ''Hang in there. We're in the final stretch."
    -Dustin Browder, 16/02/09

I don't think it being active matters, but my situation is different from yours since I've also got Warcraft III and Starcraft Anthology on my account.

I had like every game blizzard had created on my battle.net page except Warcraft II and WotLK and I got accepted xD

Oh and I have a WoW account too that is inactive...
    Last edited by iaN; 02-18-2010 at 10:09 AM.

rdragon87's Avatar Junior Member

The funny part is, I also have a frozen WoW account and I didn't get in. But then again, I don't have anything else activated on my account either. But, it's too small a sample size to pull any proper correllation out of.
    Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side… and the truth. ~John Sheridan

Never argue with idiots for they with bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. ~Anonymous

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. ~C.S. Lewis

The only thing required for opt-in is a battle.net account and your pc spec sent to blizzard from your beta profile.

Closed.