Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Blizzard nerfing stealth in StarCraft II?

Default Is Blizzard nerfing stealth in StarCraft II?

This just in from Kapeselus:

At this point you can research Burrow once you get Lair.
    Source: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html...7#232121436777

Seems Blizzard is nerfing early stealth. Alas, this decision is pretty hard on banelings.

Other "evidence":

Observers are available earlier than in StarCraft I. While observers can cloak, they can't attack or cast spells.
    Dark templar were made a little harder to get, and it may take a little more time to get to them. This is a very minor change compared to StarCraft I though.

Ghosts are available relatively early, but they can't research cloaking until the starport is available.
    Ravens are available earlier than science vessels were.

Lurkers were moved up in tier.

"Counter-evidence"
    Overlords no longer detect. (Blizzard explained this one away as making stealth too difficult.)
    Infestors are tier 2.5 or thereabouts, and can freely cast spells while burrowed. (They can even move while burrowed.)

I could have sworn I read Blizzard saying they want to "nerf" stealth due to problems with lower-skilled gamers being pwned by it. Alas, I have no source on that, and maybe someone else said that and I misinterpreted their source.
    Last edited by Kimera757; 02-15-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Default Re: Is Blizzard nerfing stealth in StarCraft II?

i hope early detection gets nerfed..
    Starcraft Wire / Incgamers Staff
    http://starcraft.incgamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    i hope early detection gets nerfed..
    It already has for Zerg.

It's not like anyone researched burrow (really at all, in fact) before Lair in SC1 anyway.
    Always play with fire.

As long as banelings were available before the lair, I suspect Burrow would have gotten researched as early as possible.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Alterran's Avatar Junior Member

I dont think it matters that much really, ur still going to get burrow way before protoss gets detection, and terran is always going to have the scanner option in the start anyhow, but wont have nighthawks as soon as you get burrow.

Is there still an arbiter-like effect on the Mothership?
    Always play with fire.

I'd take later availability of burrow if it means I can detonate my banelings underground.

yes there is an arbiter-like effect on the mothership
    Last edited by madmandrit; 02-15-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Ugh... meh. This is just silly. I guess the lower cost and the underground exploding banelings made this necessary. Still... meh.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

It probably has to do with the whole detonate-while-burrowing thing. Zerg might have too many early game options and not enough midgame.

Also, making stealth harder to get usually implies giving a greater value to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Browder View Post
    Like if Blizzard gets hit by a meteor tomorrow and we all die, at least Starcraft 2 was awesome that's what it needs to be.