Thread: Overseer Range?

Default Overseer Range?

So I heard the Overseer's sight range increases the longer it stays still. This is a mechanic I really like. But i'm curious to know just how far this range goes? Could I be just outside a missile turret or photon cannon's range?

Default Re: Overseer Range?

Could I be just outside a missile turret or photon cannon's range?
    That wouldn't be very impressive; that would be just 1 range more than the Overlord's upgraded sight range. Certainly not worth leaving a unit immobile on the map for.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

True, it'd be nicer if it was say... siege vision.

It might be cool to have overseers mutually increase their sight range. Like if you have a couple of overseers stacked they all gain some sight range.

To respond to your post: I think it's a good idea, but I hope the max range isn't really insane. I also hope it won't take more than 2/3minutes to reach max range.

Speaking of the Overseer's vision, I remember Blizzard stating that while its sight range increases while stationary, its detection range remains the same. If this is the case, should there be a circle clearly demarcating the detection range akin to what the Siege Tank has?

IMO, there should be such a circle.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

IMO, there should be such a circle.
    Why? The Siege Tank only gets a circle in Observer mode.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Nicol Bolas View Post
    Why? The Siege Tank only gets a circle in Observer mode.
    Well then, Overseer should have that circle while he is immobile.
    "Living for the Swarm!"