Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard Conference Call February 10th

Default Blizzard Conference Call February 10th

LXM's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Blizzard Conference Call February 10th

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! GIMMEH SOME GOOD NEWS!

A side note about these things to remember:

• They are for the entire company, and not just "StarCraft II Development" updates. For this reason, don't expect the date to be anything important to significant as a cue. If you look at it this way, would the activision side of the business set the date to align with beta? Typically in these meetings, projections of the bottom line matter most to highlight with development paths being a footnote to assist in that projection.
    • Understand that the news could be anything. If beta is started before the call, they could make notes about how it's going. If it's not out at the time of the call, they will most likely state it in generic terms such as "soon". I would highly suspect not to see a release date for the game itself yet and would expect that in the next quarter call. If there is a delay to Q3, there is a VERY low chance of it being announced now as it would be premature to do so before the next Quarter results.

Understand that the first comment is a more objective comment regarding the matter from industry expirience, but still it's laiden with a low level of speculation as I've not been "TOLD" by people inside Blizzard or Activision regarding the situation. On the second comment, consider that broad based personal speculation/consideration. No matter which item is announced or not, I'm more exploring the realistic possibilities.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

omg

Can you download the conference in some way? Couz I won't be available at that time.

please please please good news

One good thing about Activision Blizzard being a publically traded company...it not only has rabid fans to answer to...but real life investors, the board of directors, etc.

I doubt Blizzard is 100% immune to any of the judgments by Bobby Kotick or w/e, I'm sure they're given more leverage but I would imagine SC2 will definitely come out 2010 otherwise some heads at Blizzard Cali will be rolling.

Edit: Btw I'd laugh if 0 SC2 news other than "Tentative Q4 2010 Release for SC2" is given, the rest is a bunch of crap ass graphs about their revenues, earnings before income taxes, and return on investments. Then their next MMO rofl, oh and the inclusion of the StarCraft 2 OST for Guitar Hero 9.

Or it could all be paranoid fanboy delusions and this is just a conference call to talk about the fiscal numbers and such.

No offense intended!

I doubt it's delusions if it's causing members with 'sources' to hint at something big. It's not every day that they all come out teasing information.

They're going to announce that they are abandoning work on SC2 to work on WoW2. SC2 has taken too long and Activision wants the company to focus on games that will generate more long term revenue.

Just kidding...sorta. I've stopped expecting good news when it comes to Starcraft 2.