Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How should blizzard apolagize for late beta start

Default How should blizzard apolagize for late beta start

not that am saying blizzard has any right to be obligated to anyone whos annoyed by this beta w8 time , this is just an idea.
    so lets take a guess that there are something like 50k beta keys given to the ppl (correct me if am wrong). sc1 sold like 8 million copies right, so we can take a guess and say sc2 will sell 8-10 million (possibly x3 with expansions), all in all big load of cash for blizz.

now lets say blizzard does this, all the ppl who registered their beta keys or just got them, get free sc2 game as a download. 50k games given to the loyal fans for w8ing 3+ years since the anouncment, eating through every piece of info and screenshot, isnt much for their budget, and plus its alot of publicity etc ..

what do u think, am i just living on a rainbow?

or,or.... just like first 5k ppl who download beta client get free game
    Last edited by mgcemir; 12-22-2009 at 09:08 AM.

Default Re: How should blizzard apolagize for late beta start

Quote Originally Posted by mgcemir View Post
    what do u think, am i just living on a rainbow?
    I think this thread warrants a facepalm.

First, it's my 110% firm opinion that blizzard has NOTHING to apologize for. It's a beta test, no one is investing money into that. The reason a person apologizes is to show that they are truly sorry for an action they have done, also to attempt to alleviate pain/frustration caused by themselves.

The reason for the delay wasn't to hurt the community... it was because Blizzard looked at the product and decided that it wasn't ready. They would NEED to apologize at that point if they released it too early. If you look at a counter example, the most recent C&C4 beta... they put it out when it has many alpha traits. It was riddled with bugs, 1 out of 6 games actually made it to start, when you'd start the game you'd be kicked immediately over 50% of the time. The game balance was admitted "not in the game", hell, "attack move" still doesn't work. THIS is an alternative to releasing it into test early.

Their newest revision overhauled much of the game and is making it "playable" but ultimately, this truly put a poor taste in my mouth about the game. It'd be a shame that an expirience like that could come out of StarCraft 2 beta... from a company that's known for "When it's ready" and "Polish Polish Polish".

If we look forward to the angle of "alleviating pain/frustration", I guarentee that any frustration I had about the delays would melt away the moment I got the email saying "Here is your beta key you've been waiting for".

Putting this into further perspective is to take a step out of "today" and look at this as if it's in the future looking back. Looking back on other games I waited to beta test... I don't remember the pain of waiting, I remember the experience of fun/helping I was able to provide.

Oh... and regarding free StarCraft 2... disagreed. If they put production into creating a product I want, I should compensate the company the cost of the purchase. That's just fair.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Word do fail me this time...

They are probably doing us a favor by delaying the beta to make sure it is completely ready.

I mean I was in the Red Alert 3 Beta and it was a complete mess even for a Beta, there were a lot of bugs and the game was very imbalanced almost like it didn't go through even alpha testing.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

With the upcoming games I think you will manage your time enough to not think about it.
    I buyed Dragon Age:Origins DEdition - it's a time killer seriously, L4D2 another time killer
    Mass Effect 2 will be out in Janurary - 50 hour+ gameplay (I have spent 72 hours on getting all achivements in the first game)
    Alien vs Predator 3 - multiplayer will be awesome same goes for singleplayer
    Bad Company 2

alot of great games will arrive in 2010, this will manage my time at least to not think about the beta
    oh and I will answer on your question: no, Blizzard should not apologize us, it is us who should apologize them for trolling and asking stupid questions
    Last edited by spychi; 12-23-2009 at 04:23 AM.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

They'll just think finally releasing the beta is a good enough present to the beta players.

The best part of waking up, is beta in your cup.

Yea, there are crazy amount of good games coming out in the beginning of 2010 but it looks like the rest of the year is gonna be pretty dry so hopefully we will have Beta by then or maybe even the game itself.

Not to go off topic but I don't have high hopes for AVP 3 because its being made by Rebellion which has made some pretty mediocre games.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    The best part of waking up, is beta in your cup.
    /chuckle
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel