Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New map posted on FaceBook

Default New map posted on FaceBook

Its not much, but it is better than a picture of new trees.

EDIT: Thanks for uploading and adding Twitter link. Facebook sucks for sharing info with non-users.
    Last edited by Pick; 12-21-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Default Re: New map posted on FaceBook

Posted to Twitter as well. Here's a direct link:
    http://www.starcraft2.com/images/new...wistedPeak.jpg

LOL Blazur I think I used that same santa hat for my MULE thread.
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 12-21-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Pretty cool map.

A Terran player feeling especially ballsy could rush to fortify the initial ramp onto the middle platform, impeding movements across the map and blocking access to the watchtower and gold mins.

Edit: By the way, I absolutely love maps like these. Small symmetrical 1v1 maps that have lots of options for expansions and attack plans. Reminds me of the original map "Small Divide" which I used to play endlessly on.
    Last edited by Blazur; 12-21-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    A Terran player feeling especially ballsy could rush to fortify the initial ramp onto the middle platform, impeding movements across the map and blocking access to the watchtower and gold mins.
    How about the other two ramps with destructible rocks? if a terran player blocks that choke point the other could try simply destroying those rocks!
    how hard are they to destroy? I think I've seen they had some 2000 HP, hard but not too much, I guess it's just a matter of time and if the other player doesn't notice they're being destroyed, it's done! Besides, it would be harder to try to make sure both choke points are blocked!
    EDIT
    heck! I forgot the X'el naga tower in the very middle... I wonder how will getting control over it and at least a choke point would affect the other player! how much vision they provide?

Everytime I see a new map, all I can think about is whether or not it will be balanced for siege tanks. It is weird that one unit needs to be the main focus of map balance.

But my brain is stuck in SC1 mode and not really considering other things like cliff climbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pick View Post
    Everytime I see a new map, all I can think about is whether or not it will be balanced for siege tanks. It is weird that one unit needs to be the main focus of map balance.
    Trust me...siege tanks aren't the problem in SC2. It's the sunken depots and salvageable bunkers you need to be worried about. The Terrans will have no problems turtlings themselves off with ease, so in every map when playing against Terrans you need to anticipate this and consider a circumventing attack route or siege push.

Quote Originally Posted by Josue View Post
    How about the other two ramps with destructible rocks? if a terran player blocks that choke point the other could try simply destroying those rocks!
    That is another route in, and it's doubtful any tower will notice that threat. But all the Terrans need to do is post a few marines or single tank behind the rocks to challenge a threat to them with impunity.

Yet if someone manages to control that high ground, he would have two yellow mineral expansions. However, there's plenty of place to drop/warp/worm units out of sight and attack with a big army. Still, there are probably Watchtowers up there. I can see 3 "things", but some could be useless dodads.

Is that brush cover sectioning off the mid section? Also Im following Blazurs lead and donning a christmas hat
    Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 12-21-2009 at 04:04 PM.