Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creep Burrow

Default Creep Burrow

I would like to sugest a very minor buff or a mechanic change for the zerg.

As you all know zerg units regenerate over time. It's a very slow regeneration of no more than 1hp per second. And whilst this is suficient for their low hp units, it makes almost no difference for buildings which have hundreds of hp, since the regeneration is so slow.

Whilst both the terran and the protoss have means of repairing/recharging their buildings, the zerg are handicaped by this slow regeneration. And another thing worth mentioning is that both the protoss and the terran can upgrade the armor of their buildings, while the zerg cannot.

So i would like to suggest an increased regeneration for units, that are burrowed on creep. Instead of the normal 1hp regeneration, all units that would be burrowed on creep terrain would have an increased health regeneration of 3hp per second instead of the normal 1hp.
    And another thing of importance, all zerg buildings except the extractor would also have this increased regeneration, since they would theoreticaly count as burroved on creep.

So basicly this suggestion would bring an increased hp regeneration of all buildings, and an increased one for units burroved on creep.

Lorevise, i think this would make perfect sense, more than a speed increase
    And as i mentioned, i think this buff is supported by the fact, that the zerg are handicaped in this, compared to the other two races.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Creep Burrow

Not buildings, that's what the Queen/Overseer healing ability is for, and besides, a free constant building "repair" is definitely too much.

But a nice idea for units, though it has its caveats as well.

Terran can repair, but it cost mineral and time from an SCV. Protoss just can't, with the information i have...I think obelisk only heal the units

Damaged zerg buildings can be healed by the queen for something like 50 energy. A regen rate of 3hp/s will kill this ability and moreover be totally imbalanced. But high hp regen while burrowed is a good idea. Add attractiveness to burrow and force zerg to a choice, do I continue applying pressure or i go heal my units.

Could work, Undead has almost same ability in WC3, they regen 2 hp/sec on Blight, but when they are not on it, they don't regen at all. But I think it would be too powerful to have both regen and speed on Creep, and I am not cutting off 30% speed!
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gt2slurp View Post
    Damaged zerg buildings can be healed by the queen for something like 50 energy. A regen rate of 3hp/s will kill this ability and moreover be totally imbalanced.
    Simply and completely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gt2slurp View Post
    But high hp regen while burrowed is a good idea. Add attractiveness to burrow and force zerg to a choice, do I continue applying pressure or i go heal my units.
    Something new with a good impact on gameplay, actually.

I don't think than an 3 regeneration per second would be unbalanced and negate the queens heal ability, just think about how slow an 3hp per second regeneration is. What would you rather do, wait 8-9 minutes till your hatchery regenerates or a few seconds with the queens ability.
    And i'm not talking about an regeneration increase while on creep, but only while burrowed on creep, big difference.
    And i didn't know obelisk only heals units, and not buildings, i think it should also recharge buildings. It should , if they want to have abilities that compete with the Proton Charge.

And as some people alredy said, it would be something with a good impact on gameplay, regarding the zerg units.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

I like the burrowing regeneration, and I believe is has been applied to the roach.

About the buildings regenerating... I feel the same as most people about the 3hp per second. With several queens fixing and powerind their buildings, a single hatchery could block a ramp, easy expand into high yield minerals, etc.

Though, I will colaborate with my own idea.

Buildings will gain armor as soon as there's a lair or hive within a designated area. They will gain +1 armor when a lair is nearby or a +2 armor when a hive is nearby. This ability is non-stakable and they will have a visual to dispaly this upgrads. On a side note: This upgrade has no effect in hatcheries, lairs or hives, because they gain more hp as they evolve.

This takes the old protoss shield mechanic, buffs it a bit, and puts it on a race that can regenerate all its health.

The queen's transfusion should be made into an AoE spell.

Although i do like the heal faster while burrowed thing, i think previous comments covered my concerns as well.

How about just a faster regeneration for burrowed units, that have burrowed in creep. There could also be some gameplay potential

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Iy...