Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BroodLord / Ling Concept & Theorycraft

Default Re: BroodLord / Ling Concept & Theorycraft

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    Am I the only one that wants the tentacles to be facing forward?

The idea being that it flings them at its target and it bursts in to a tentacle beast (though I do like XSoldier's rendition of the ground unit).

Heh, I wish I were also a talented artist so I could so a concept of what I'm imagining.
    Google Image "Broodlord"
    Google Image "Corruptor"
    MS Paint (free form select tool is great)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherofAiur View Post
    Then it wouldnt look like a flying sea serpent. It wouldnt be able to slither up and down through the air. You cant have a snake thats wider then it is long
    Well, I find that the sentinels in the Matrix movies kind of slither through there air. I would like very much if the corruptors would have that sort of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by B~E View Post
    Well, I find that the sentinels in the Matrix movies kind of slither through there air. I would like very much if the corruptors would have that sort of movement.
    But thats the kinda slithering that the Corruptors do. You dont like the massive leviathan soaring motion that the old Broodlord model had?

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    Am I the only one that wants the tentacles to be facing forward?
    This is what I'm currently working on actually. It's what I came up with when I was thinking to try and make them more distinguishable from the Corruptors... I want them to look like a huge, intimidating unit. I was thinking about modifying the face a little, and putting the tentacles sprouting out from all around, on either side of it's mouth.

While the spinning attack works for the Matrix Sentinels, I can't see a massive creature employing an attack that relies on producing centrifugal force in this way. Because of it's size, whipping it's tentacles should be able to produce significant range, without it having to spin its entire body around.

I was also thinking that the tentacles would sprout up in more places, yielding to a more Kraken-like look. I'm still liking the wide front that tapers in slowly to a smaller backside. Its helps in relaying the idea that it's a creature built for power, and not for speed.

Anyhows, I'll let you know when I manage to sketch out a concept that I like. I'm still looking over for more suggestion & ideas on what you'd all like to see. I think one I'm going for less backbone, and more tentacles.

Cheers,

X

Quote Originally Posted by XSOLDIER View Post
    This is what I'm currently working on actually. It's what I came up with when I was thinking to try and make them more distinguishable from the Corruptors... I want them to look like a huge, intimidating unit. I was thinking about modifying the face a little, and putting the tentacles sprouting out from all around, on either side of it's mouth.

While the spinning attack works for the Matrix Sentinels, I can't see a massive creature employing an attack that relies on producing centrifugal force in this way. Because of it's size, whipping it's tentacles should be able to produce significant range, without it having to spin its entire body around.

I was also thinking that the tentacles would sprout up in more places, yielding to a more Kraken-like look. I'm still liking the wide front that tapers in slowly to a smaller backside. Its helps in relaying the idea that it's a creature built for power, and not for speed.

Anyhows, I'll let you know when I manage to sketch out a concept that I like. I'm still looking over for more suggestion & ideas on what you'd all like to see. I think one I'm going for less backbone, and more tentacles.

Cheers,

X

Nice! Are you thinking multi-segmented body or one segment? Long or short body?

Just for inspiration we have the crisis aliens

The always popular sentinals

The omnipotent Gravemind

The original bioterror warship, the Tyranid Hive Ship (not as scary when its a one inch model)

And of course the most terrifying tentacled beast ever imagined....

Hidden Content:

Last edited by ArcherofAiur; 12-05-2009 at 10:02 PM.

I haven't really decided on the body length yet. I'm trying to get a solid design for the front of the body and then test a couple of things out.

X

Ok I think the Tyranid Warship you posted was closest to what I was imagining (which, haha, is funny considering the Zerg).

Basically something huge, bizarre, and terrifyingly alien.

I think one of my issues with the Zerg thus far is that they're visually still too close to what seems "normal" for humans, and they've yet to really achieve that whole, "Nightmare Invader," status.

I think you guys will like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherofAiur View Post
    I think you guys will like this.

Even that I like those pictures, that doesn't make sense at all... O.o
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Quote Originally Posted by RamiZ View Post
    Even that I like those pictures, that doesn't make sense at all... O.o
    Maybe this will help. Which of these two look alike?