Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Story space for Zerg and Protoss campaigns

Default Re: Story space for Zerg and Protoss campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    We are?! :0

Where did you read this?

He's cloaking beside you lol
    Find Humanity ... Assimilate ... Learn ... Evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Zadkan View Post
    Easy!

In the zerg campaign kerrigan try to kill (again xD) jim raynor and Zeratul, but the Xel Naga appears and all the races fight against them.

Then in LoV the protoss and terran kill kerrigan and all the swarm get destroy, then the xelnaga returns to another dimension xD
    I doubt the Zerg will be completely destroyed at the end of the trilogy. You need them for SC III (why does everyone forget that there WILL be SC III?!).

what i don't understand is that Blizzard has told us the Protoss campaign will focus on trying to keep the Protoss factions cooperative and cohesive as a society, but that Zeratul will be the main character. wouldn't Artanis be a better focal character? I thought blizz reps stated that Zeratul's journey/quest/mission was a story arc that wove through each of the 3 campaigns? am i missing something?

also the idea that Kerrigan's story space takes place in her own head is very cool and could lead so many awesome missions and stories and character development. the multiple kerrigan egos make it very intriguing.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

Dont forget that the zerg campaign comes after the terran campaign.
    Kerrigan and the zerg might very well be in a different position then they are now.

Very likely they will be. If I was Duran they'd be the first group I'd hit, simply because the other two can't rebuild as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor_Ixab View Post
    what i don't understand is that Blizzard has told us the Protoss campaign will focus on trying to keep the Protoss factions cooperative and cohesive as a society, but that Zeratul will be the main character. wouldn't Artanis be a better focal character? I thought blizz reps stated that Zeratul's journey/quest/mission was a story arc that wove through each of the 3 campaigns? am i missing something?
    That's what I thought too. Then, I figured Zeratul could well be working for/representing Artanis. Alternatively, Zeratul could be acting against Artanis because the latter doesn't believe the Xel'Naga prophecy, is working with them or has some other agenda. That would explain why Zeratul needs to convince the other factions to join him and not Artanis.

Artanis is already in charge and less popular too. I think Blizzard finds it more fun to work with small factions. Raynor's Raiders are a lot smaller than the Dominion, for instance.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

I doubt we're playing with Zeratual for the Legacy for the void, it's possible but from your evidence it's nothing.

Zeratual will be playable in Wings of Liberty for the mini protoss campaign though that's confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    That's what I thought too. Then, I figured Zeratul could well be working for/representing Artanis. Alternatively, Zeratul could be acting against Artanis because the latter doesn't believe the Xel'Naga prophecy, is working with them or has some other agenda. That would explain why Zeratul needs to convince the other factions to join him and not Artanis.
    while i see where you're coming from, I don't think that a Zeratul vs Artanis faction war would be terribly productive for the protoss, and since the Conclave is gone, you'd think that both Zeratul and Artanis would be working to unite the protoss across the board. I remember during the BlizzCon 2007 SC Lore Panel, Chris Metzen said that Artanis was working towards making both sides understand each other, and the one person who he could really use on his side, Zeratul, is no where to be found. this would make me believe that ultimately, Zeratul and Artanis want the same thing, but the circumstances are preventing them from working together.
    You represent what is greatest in us all, and all our hopes go with you. EN TARO ADUN, brave Sons of Aiur!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamshank View Post
    I doubt we're playing with Zeratual for the Legacy for the void, it's possible but from your evidence it's nothing.

Zeratual will be playable in Wings of Liberty for the mini protoss campaign though that's confirmed.
    Hold on... do you mean to say that Blizzard announcing that Zeratul will be the main character in the Protoss campaign isn't proof enough??!

while i see where you're coming from, I don't think that a Zeratul vs Artanis faction war would be terribly productive for the protoss, and since the Conclave is gone, you'd think that both Zeratul and Artanis would be working to unite the protoss across the board. I remember during the BlizzCon 2007 SC Lore Panel, Chris Metzen said that Artanis was working towards making both sides understand each other, and the one person who he could really use on his side, Zeratul, is no where to be found. this would make me believe that ultimately, Zeratul and Artanis want the same thing, but the circumstances are preventing them from working together.
    If that was in 2007, I suspect that was probably back when they wanted Artanis as the main character with him trying to unite the tribes. Their plans could have changed since then now that they've ironed out the storyline details on what/who they want to feature and when and how they feature.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    If that was in 2007, I suspect that was probably back when they wanted Artanis as the main character with him trying to unite the tribes. Their plans could have changed since then now that they've ironed out the storyline details on what/who they want to feature and when and how they feature.
    I guess so. I'm thinking they might do an Artanis mini-campaign within HotS to rectify that issue. but who knows?

Anyways, this has gone a little bit off-topic. The question remains: where will the Protoss story space be? I'm willing to accept Kerrigan's mind as the Zerg space, which I believe could be epicly awesome. I don't know how they'd follow up the Terran and Zerg campaigns with something equally awesome and equally original.

any more ideas?