Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft bought Acti-Blizz

Default Microsoft bought Acti-Blizz

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/01/...rosoft-gaming/

Starcraft is on the picture guys, maybe the franchise ain't dead after all! Wouldn't be surprised if the AoE4 team is assigned to it next. Microsoft is super woke though so story might get even worse.

Default Re: Microsoft bought Acti-Blizz

This news spreads far and wide. Even in the places I haven't been to in such a while.

Didn't see that coming. Now we get to see if this'll be for the better or for the worse.

Heh, talk about PR damage control - Blizz's reputation has been so irreparably damaged that it needs to be bought out by a "woke" company to make them marketable again.

As to another Sc sequel... meh. Sc3 will be akin to the SW sequel trilogy, just as Sc2 felt akin to the SW prequel trilogy. No thanks!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

I'll be willing to accept it if they de-canonize SC2. Well, maybe. I've already tweeted them about it. Huh, I wonder if we couldn't get something started. Like, #SaveStarcraft or whatever.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    I'll be willing to accept it if they de-canonize SC2. Well, maybe. I've already tweeted them about it. Huh, I wonder if we couldn't get something started. Like, #SaveStarcraft or whatever.
    Did you hear any response back from them?

More copium "news": The dude that played Shang-Chi tweeted "PLEASE SAVE STARCRAFT" to which Mike Ybarra, Blizzard's new boss, answered with " ". I think we can expect stuff in the future.

Story-wise, well I'll put it this way: SC2's mission design and gameplay has no equal in the rts genre so if the story can at least avoid ultra dumb crap like goddess Kerrigan, I'll roll with it. There'll be no theory-crafting and what not but it'll be at least a fun ride. I'll play whatever they release unless they go full sjw on us

Pffffft, right now I'm not convinced the people in charge will listen to such a tweet.

I tried my best to make sense of all the flaws, plotholes, retcons, etc, but it wasn't something I wanted. At the VERY least the next SC game (if there even is one) better be consistent.

Already getting too old to enjoy games these days haha. I'd probably be looking at a let's play of it by the time it gets released!

Kerrigan is already a goddess now, Bird! Yes, I know the trauma of that makes one tend to forget and all (or wish to forget) but that's what it's working with now.

I wouldn't mind a story set within the timeline of Sc1 but focusing on other characters/events. I don't really care for stories that are designed (or rather "manufactured") specifically to be canonical, sequential (sequal/prequel), monolithic and epic arcs. A well written story about a single nobody can be felt as being just as epic as any other actual galaxy shattering event in the hands of a good writer.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Already getting too old to enjoy games these days haha. I'd probably be looking at a let's play of it by the time it gets released!
    I wouldn't. But then again, I'd only play it once if I found out there's more retcon crap. I'm NOT wasting my time trying to come up with theories to paper the cracks because of their incompetence again.