Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vikings and Ravens

Default Re: Vikings and Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    ....I was trying to be polite, Tura. I didn't want to say it out loud. My original comment was due to Blade's writing style, and I think his examples were poorly written. The narrative style was awful. That's all I meant. Sheesh.
    Yeah well, I was responding to the context of your original post and questioning whether you really need to know the gameplay functions of the units to write your fanfiction. The short answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    But if you're going to ramble on about this, sometimes the point of fanfiction is to make the original make sense. And to not say something about a unit that's going to distract the reader from the story. I mean, come on, do you really want me to treat the SC canon the way Blizzard did? I've got to have some integrity.
    Eh, the point of most fanfiction is to allow the writer of such to focus on the aspects (and to embellish/exaggerate them usually) they find interesting about a particular IP - ie: fanwank.

No-one's going to be "distracted" by reading in your fanfiction that a unit hitting something it wouldn't normally hit because the gameplay isn't consistent with it. A reader of fanfiction knows there's going to be liberties being taken (or they should, rather...). If they do get annoyed about it, they're not the intended audience for your fanfic (ie: a person into "shipping" fanfic ain't gonna care). I don't really care how you treat the SC canon (I barely care for Sc canon and how Blizz treats it now generally - all the hate I've held for it has dissolved into apathy long ago) since I know it's fanfic at the end of the day.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Default Re: Vikings and Ravens

Whatever Tura. I'm still going to try for integrity.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.