Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uanime1 Starcraft 2 Review

Default Re: Uanime1 Starcraft 2 Review

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Considering how you always spat on others' stories and how crappy it is, I'd say the rest is self explanatory
    Blizzard's storytelling IS crappy. It's not difficult to poke holes in it.

Speak for yourself. Not everyone see is that way. I've seen enough shares of the flaws, but I didn't come to do NOTHING but poke holes.

By comparison, you've done practically nothing BUT poke holes in just about everything. I saw a little of that in the Last of Us 2 thread (though I never played the game, so I didn't bother looking too hard)

Speak for yourself. Not everyone see is that way. I've seen enough shares of the flaws, but I didn't come to do NOTHING but poke holes.

By comparison, you've done practically nothing BUT poke holes in just about everything. I saw a little of that in the Last of Us 2 thread (though I never played the game, so I didn't bother looking too hard)
    Fine. I'm a crappy person who does nothing but poke holes. See, all the stuff I like about Starcraft was the stuff that Metzen bulldozed in favor of his bug girlfriend insert. Confederate nations? Bulldozed. Overmind devotion? Bulldozed. Protoss galactic empire? Bulldozed. That left nothing that I liked in the story and thus no common ground between me and the remaining fans.

Do you think I enjoy criticizing Starcraft? Talking about it feels like bashing my head against cinderblocks. I loved playing it as a kid, sure, but as an adult I find the story bad and I'm upset that I can't find any like-minded people to discuss shared interests with.

I would dearly love to leave this fandom and never return, but I have nowhere else to go. There's no other game in the universe that captures the magic for me. I'd happily make it myself, but I have neither the skills, the resources, or the time.

So I'm bashing my against cinderblocks taking about a game that I don't like because the game that I want doesn't exist. I'm also certainly suffering from other psychological issues that I use Starcraft to suppress or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    Do you think I enjoy criticizing Starcraft?
    Given what the people said about you on the battlenet forums (which I'm sure you'll say they'll all retards anyway), I'd say the answer is yes. Seems to me you have nothing better to do than to jab at people.

Given what the people said about you on the battlenet forums (which I'm sure you'll say they'll all retards anyway), I'd say the answer is yes. Seems to me you have nothing better to do than to jab at people.
    Please donít put words in my mouth.

Those people clearly like space opera. I donít. I prefer military science fiction.

Please don’t put words in my mouth.

Those people clearly like space opera. I don’t. I prefer military science fiction.
    Considering that's how you view all stories, even those outside the SC universe, I'd say it's fine to say you'd end up saying they're all retards.

Considering that's how you view all stories, even those outside the SC universe, I'd say it's fine to say you'd end up saying they're all retards.
    I don't think that. You're being really rude.

I don't think that. You're being really rude.
    Suuuuuuuuure you don't. It's been a while since I visited the battlenet forums, but I've read enough on what you said there.

Suuuuuuuuure you don't. It's been a while since I visited the battlenet forums, but I've read enough on what you said there.
    Because obviously people canít have psychological problems or change over time or regret past actions.

Because obviously people can’t have psychological problems or change over time or regret past actions.
    I've seen enough evidence on the battlenet forums to see that if you did change, it wasn't enough. People can change, it doesn't mean they will change.