Thread: How are you handling quarantine?

Default How are you handling quarantine?

I'm mostly okay for now, one of my jobs (about six hours a week...) is still on, but the other is a no go. I'll be okay as long as this doesn't last too long, but yeah. Lots of time for writing, though.

So, how about you guys?
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Default Re: How are you handling quarantine?

I've been out of my work for more than 3 weeks already, right now I'm just looking for someplace online where they still sell cheap IPA, need it for my thermal paste replacement once I buy that too.

Shortened hours at work but otherwise everything is the same. Hah, I guess that reveals a lot about me, doesn't it?
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

It's been amazing on my side so far. All our offices now work remotely so I still get paid fine but I can finally live my hermit life fantasies lol.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Much like Sandwich, doing great too. Office went into home office only 4 weeks ago here in Mexico and we are set for a quarantine till May 30, so I'm at home being quite efficient. My job also requires a lot of on-site engineering at the client's business, so that's off my team's workload, as well. Currently working on new designs for our machines, and it's a lovely 6 hour shift a day (weekend too tho).

I'm 95% sure I got the virus while doing transit through an airport in Sinaloa, Mexico when the cases were officially "mild" here. Felt like a flu, without cough or nasal mucus. I did have a sore throat. Felt like shit for almost two weeks, but never went beyond a mild fever and sore muscles. Antibiotics did nothing, just the paracetamol. Now, I'm fine and everyone around me is too because I'm a paranoid fuck and did a strict solitary confinement with my wife. Also there was constant sterilization of the whole house ilmao. I was denied testing twice, due to my mild symptoms and earliness of the pandemic in Mexico (we were at 5 official cases).

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I've been out of my work for more than 3 weeks already, right now I'm just looking for someplace online where they still sell cheap IPA, need it for my thermal paste replacement once I buy that too.
    Here I thought someone else besides me was drinking quite a good amount of beer. My business uses several 3D printers. We are still buying IPA from amazon and a local hardware store.

In all honesty, I'm depressed as fuck. The bars, events, and people I'd normally be visiting are all off-limits, and that includes the dog adoption group I volunteer with. This is all compounded by the fact I had to withdraw from courses I was taking for medical school, and I can't tell you how much that hurt. I'm "eSsEnTiAl" personnel, so I still work and make a decent wage, but my coworkers are basically the only people I interact with regularly. I still get together with friends online weekly to play JackBox and other games, which is a huge refresher.

This is going to sound pretty sad, but my cat Misha is the biggest reason I get out of bed right now. I rescued her from a negligent and abusive household, and she's been repaying the favor. She's affectionate, energetic and playful, requiring me to get out and nurture her and walk her. (Yes, this cat goes on walks. It my defense, they're her idea.)

Best of luck to all of you out there in the world.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Wife's a psychologist and her business is booming with people basically just wanting to have someone to talk to. I'm honestly impressed at the sheer amount of people who need "external" connections. Yea, family and friends is good, but we are so used to having half of our day to "ourselves" through our jobs and outside of home commitments.

I'm quite a huge introvert, but I'm still trying to spend as much of my free time on usefull things. Among the new things I'm doing are: mead below my stairs, artwork, a Roach farm, and a hydroponics garden. I can see people going crazy.

Glad you recovered, Blade! And sorry to hear about the difficulties, VoK.

I am working from home, and only leave the apartment for groceries, wearing a mask. No stores have had toilet paper in over a month (I think they get weekly shipments and it just sells out extremely quickly before I can get it). Some family is stranded thousands of miles away. Weird times. I personally am fine, but there are hundreds of cases in my town even with the rarity of testing, so I do kind of expect to get it even from just going to the grocery store.
    Last edited by Robear; 04-17-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Hang in there, Khas. Also, contrary to popular belief, talking to yourself isn't a sign of insanity, but rather a way to cope with things. Though I suppose talking to your furball would do just as well.

In my town, I think there may be some confirmed, but to be honest I know not a single person who has it. And while my main job is down, for some reason people are buying more skateboards now than ever, so my other job is doing great. I don't really feel restricted at all, except for the fact that I can't bum internet at the library or coffee shop. Shows how much I get out on a regular basis. Though last night I dreamed that I was pregnant with Elon Musk's baby, so maybe I am going a little nuts.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.