Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remastered Campaign Art

Default Remastered Campaign Art

Obviously, a very important feature of the remaster for us, from the very beginning, has been the updates to the original campaign. For the first time, we have some new art. Which looks very good except for one critical detail - Zeratul has been given SC2 armor and green eyes.

new zeratul.jpg

What do you guys think? I for one am kind of pissed, the campaign characters are definitely getting changed and it's not something that's good for the game.

EDIT: There is a massive dump of 20+ new campaign splash art, some of it is spot on, some of it is ok, and some of it diverges too much. https://glasscannon.ru/2017/07/starc...ered-datamine/
    Last edited by Undeadprotoss; 07-24-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Default Re: Remastered Campaign Art

Yuck.

The environment is good, but Zeratul is fucking garbage.

I hate this one.

Sad to see this expectationcame through. Changing classic characters to look more like the sc2 version. Especially the protoss.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

On one of the remaster interviews Blizzard talks about the "improvements" to the audio quality, and one of the employees confirms that they indeed rerecorded everything.

I don't mind the head crest. But one of the most appealing things about the Dark Templar was this feeling of space nomads. In the original work, his psi blade looked like a cobbled together weapon; while in SCII, Dark Templar technology seems as advanced and ornate as their Khalai brethren.

I really prefer the older, Predator-esque design aesthetic.

Massive dump of campaign art and icons that are waaay too numerous to list here, on this website: https://glasscannon.ru/2017/07/starc...ered-datamine/

I'll also edit the initial post to include that stuff.

I have to agree with everyone here that the Protoss remaster is not faithful at all. Which is really strange because the Terran and Zerg remasters look really faithful.

What the heck happened? Artanis in the Episode IV ending cinematic emoted more in a few shots than all the Protoss in SC2 combined! Why is Blizzard awful at making the Protoss look like anything other than lifeless statues with dramatic readings instead of dialogue?

Ugh... I also really really hate the protoss defeat scene. Terran one is pretty bad too. Though, I'll admit, the original didn't convey defeat as much as these new ones. But the art style is just way off.

Also, idk if it's just me but the in-game icons look a lot more cartoony.

Oh well, it is what is. Nothing is gonna change at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    Ugh... I also really really hate the protoss defeat scene. Terran one is pretty bad too. Though, I'll admit, the original didn't convey defeat as much as these new ones. But the art style is just way off.

Also, idk if it's just me but the in-game icons look a lot more cartoony.

Oh well, it is what is. Nothing is gonna change at this point.
    Yeah I think the original icons looked a lot more decrept. That's kind of how the whole UI looked across all 3 races, even the Protoss. The "clean" look in a lot of remastered art doesn't have an analogue in SC1.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadprotoss View Post
    Massive dump of campaign art and icons that are waaay too numerous to list here, on this website: https://glasscannon.ru/2017/07/starc...ered-datamine/

I'll also edit the initial post to include that stuff.
    Some misses, but there are some that I really like.

All the scenic views are quite nice. My favorite being Zerg campaign desert and secret location. The Zerg briefing room also looks great.