Thread: Podcasts

Default Podcasts

I'm a big fan of podcasts. So as I find myself exhausting my current favorites as I take them with me to the gym, I've gotta expand my sources.

What are some of your favorite podcasts?

RadioLab
    Radiolab, with Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, is a radio show and podcast weaving stories and science into sound and music-rich documentaries.

Lore
    Lore is an award-winning, critically acclaimed podcast about non-fiction scary stories. Each episode examines historical events that show the dark side of human nature (usually through the lens of folklore) and is presented in a style that's been compared to a campfire experience.

Hardcore History
    Hardcore History is Carlin's forum for exploring topics throughout world history. The focus of each episode varies widely from show to show but they are generally centered on specific historical events and are discussed in a "theater of the mind" style.

The Infinite Monkey Cage
    Witty, irreverent look at the world through scientists' eyes. With Brian Cox and Robin Ince

Stuff You Should Know

Sawbones
    Dr. Sydnee McElroy and her husband Justin welcome you to Sawbones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine.

I'm also partial to downloading YouTube videos, such as from the following:

Aleczandxr
    Anime analyses a-plenty

Channel Criswell
    Various movie analyses. His videos Stanley Kubrick - The Cinematic Experience and Oldboy - Resurrecting The Greek Tragedy are personal favorites of mine.

Vaults of Terra
    WarHammer 40K Lore.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Podcasts

Joe Rogan sometimes.

I mainly listen to Kill Tony now. It's a comedy podcast, entertaining as hell.