Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft Remastered Announced

Default Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    We should make our own downloadable campaign. Nothing big, just a small story based on a few Terrans on an outpost somewhere. And all the characters are based on us and our dumb adventures.
    My character needs to interfere in someone else's conflict for literally no reason.

he must shout "SKYTECH RTS!!!!!!!!" and then leave the battlefield with a moderate impact (also my team color MUST be teal)

I'll be an adviser to some leader who completely sees the wrong thing, and then rage-quits when he's proven wrong. Only to come back later and doing it all over again, believing himself right.

And I'll be a "10 clicks to apocalypse bird of doom!"

(also known as a Kakaru)

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    I'll be an adviser to some leader who completely sees the wrong thing, and then rage-quits when he's proven wrong. Only to come back later and doing it all over again, believing himself right.
    Is this a jab at Aldaris?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    And I'll be a "10 clicks to apocalypse bird of doom!"

(also known as a Kakaru)
    I totally forgot this was a thing. Silly me. Was there even anything like this in SC2?
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 04-01-2017 at 06:19 AM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I totally forgot this was a think. Sill me. Was there even anything like this in SC2?
    It's really a testament to the world-building and atmosphere in StarCraft 1 that we can go on holding these ridicilous conceptions of very serious units for years, but still be enamored by the game.

Also, here's an interesting video that recreated/found the original SC1 counterparts to all of the remastered images and put them side by side for comparison.

Hey guys, what does it mean Blizzard stating "Stylized Briefings" on starcraft.com?

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Hey guys, what does it mean Blizzard stating "Stylized Briefings" on starcraft.com?
    So from my understanding, it's the "comic-book style interludes" thing. They're going through the campaign and adding in comic book imagery somehow to help tell the story.

The image of the Carriers purifying Mar Sara in the background may be the kind of art style they're aiming for. My concern is it might be the same kind of art style that is used in the hand-drawn unit portraits, but if it were using the same kind of drawn style the original box art was made with, I would be very, very, very happy.
    Last edited by Undeadprotoss; 04-01-2017 at 12:51 AM.

ooh. Do you think it will be like that voiced over video when installing starcraft2?

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadprotoss View Post
    So from my understanding, it's the "comic-book style interludes" thing. They're going through the campaign and adding in comic book imagery somehow to help tell the story.
    I thought this meant that instead of just showing the green text on a black screen (the interludes), there'd be some imagery to liven it up.

As for the actual briefings, it'll be interesting if they can do something more than showing static talking heads.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.