Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want in future DLC story?

Default Re: What do you want in future DLC story?

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    I always felt that Narud was the one setting up his fake death, seeing as how only Xel'Naga can kill other Xel'Naga.

If we ever want to recapture the "ancient enemy" scenario but witha less megalomaniacal enemy to contend with, I'd love to see species from previous Cycles show up. That would allow the story tellers to explore what happens to those "left behind", as well as the events leading up to it (Ascension, Singularity, Convergent Evolution... thing.) It could give us a glimpse into Amon's own past without resurrecting him or some such BS.
    That actually is a pretty great idea. 4th race theory-crafting here we go!

I proposed before that the zerg's mind link could become infected with some kind of "virus" that sever Kerri/Zag's ability to control the swarm and instead make the affected zergs act through a true hive mind that has 0 centralized power. This virus could be the remnant of Amon's control.
    I could totes see that. Maybe Amon implanted some "fail-safes" in the Zerg genome that would fracture the Swarm. I'd like to see more diversity within the Zerg: multiple Brood Mothers vying for control; psychic control fluctuating; a fraction of the Zerg (maybe the Ferals through out the sector) being unified by some mutating telepathy genes that result in something akin to a smaller Overmind; control over essence manipulation falling apart and new creatures spontaneously generating, or old assimilating races spontaneously emerging among Zerg nests. Perhaps a Queen cultivates a world where ferals are allowed to breed and expand just to see what sort of mutations or hierarchy emerge, like a petri dish.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

I always felt that Narud was the one setting up his fake death, seeing as how only Xel'Naga can kill other Xel'Naga.

If we ever want to recapture the "ancient enemy" scenario but witha less megalomaniacal enemy to contend with, I'd love to see species from previous Cycles show up. That would allow the story tellers to explore what happens to those "left behind", as well as the events leading up to it (Ascension, Singularity, Convergent Evolution... thing.) It could give us a glimpse into Amon's own past without resurrecting him or some such BS.
    Don't be stupid, VoK. If we take only Xel'Naga can kill other Xel'Naga, how the hell did Amon kill most of the regular Xel'Naga by merely unleashing the swarm on Zerus in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

I could totes see that. Maybe Amon implanted some "fail-safes" in the Zerg genome that would fracture the Swarm. I'd like to see more diversity within the Zerg: multiple Brood Mothers vying for control; psychic control fluctuating; a fraction of the Zerg (maybe the Ferals through out the sector) being unified by some mutating telepathy genes that result in something akin to a smaller Overmind; control over essence manipulation falling apart and new creatures spontaneously generating, or old assimilating races spontaneously emerging among Zerg nests. Perhaps a Queen cultivates a world where ferals are allowed to breed and expand just to see what sort of mutations or hierarchy emerge, like a petri dish.
    Multiple broodmothers vying for control is easy. All you have to do is look at the synopsis for the SC Evolution book. Given what Zagara was planning for the swarm, it's obvious others won't agree with her, since this is going against everything the Zerg stand for. Zurvan had said it himself that the whole heritage of the Zerg is to consume and evolve.

Sheliek's Avatar Member

With the Amon talk on the end of the previous page, I was actually rolling an idea around in my head for a campaign intro yesterday. Involved something like 'purge teams' on the terrans who take out reported Hybrid facilities. Instead of being directed by Amon, these few remaining hybrid and their thralls would just be mindlessly aggressive and destructive, but still major threats of mining and colonizing operations.

Don't be stupid, VoK. If we take only Xel'Naga can kill other Xel'Naga, how the hell did Amon kill most of the regular Xel'Naga by merely unleashing the swarm on Zerus in the first place?
    I thought the implication was that Amon and his allied Xel'Naga servants awaited the "good" ones in the Void, and then killed them when they arrived there.
    Aaand sold.

I thought the implication was that Amon and his allied Xel'Naga servants awaited the "good" ones in the Void, and then killed them when they arrived there.
    That's not how I saw it. Remember what Rohana said: in the final confrontation during the war amongst the gods at Zerus, Amon was defeated and forced back into the Void.

This means that although plenty of Xel'Naga were killed, ultimately they DID prevail in beating Amon at Zerus. The ones that survived then returned to Ulnar, and of Amon's followers, Duran was the only one who survived.

That's not how I saw it. Remember what Rohana said: in the final confrontation during the war amongst the gods at Zerus, Amon was defeated and forced back into the Void.
    Right; all Xel'Naga return to the Void upon death in the material world. Amon confronted and killed them in the Void after the debacle over Zerus.

Now, how did one Xel'Naga kill all the others? Well, I assume there were relatively few Xel'Naga still in existence at that point; and Amon's been planning shit for literally thousands of years, so I assume he had more than a few tricks up his tentacle-sleeves. Maybe he learned how to subvert the Void before he and the other 'Naga were sent there. The others did spend most of their time napping, after all. Like fat, interdimensional squid-cats.

Which makes me wonder: Is Void energy still dangerous to use, seeing as how it was corrupted by Amon? Is it inherently unstable and dangerous? Will Dark Templar be able to wield it more easily now?
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 05-18-2016 at 08:13 PM.
    Aaand sold.

Right; all Xel'Naga return to the Void upon death in the material world. Amon confronted and killed them in the Void after the debacle over Zerus.

Now, how did one Xel'Naga kill all the others? Well, I assume there were relatively few Xel'Naga still in existence at that point; and Amon's been planning shit for literally thousands of years, so I assume he had more than a few tricks up his tentacle-sleeves. Maybe he learned how to subvert the Void before he and the other 'Naga were sent there. The others did spend most of their time napping, after all. Like fat, interdimensional squid-cats.

Which makes me wonder: Is Void energy still dangerous to use, seeing as how it was corrupted by Amon? Is it inherently unstable and dangerous? Will Dark Templar be able to wield it more easily now?
    Well, given that Ouros said that only another Xel'Naga can kill Amon, that must mean he had some sort of power the other Xel'Naga didn't.

For your Q about the Void energy, it's possible that Amon corrupted at least parts of the Void, and it's from there that he gained the strength others didn't. But still, the Void energy should be fine to use. There's dangers, but I doubt the WHOLE of the Void was corrupted by Amon. He probably only corrupted parts of it, and the Dark Templar used parts of the Void that weren't corrupted.

I'd love to see species from previous Cycles show up.
    Wouldn't they all be Xel'Naga or dead by now?

Still, the idea of previous cycle races is pretty neat though. I'd like to think the Xel'Naga weren't that completely incompetent in reproducing by only setting up the Zerg and the Protoss as their only heirs, just to be totally ruined forever right from the very inception of those two races because of Amon.

Maybe they could introduce some races that were failed purities of essence /form being jelly of the Terrans, Zerg and Protoss for being special. Or they could flip it and have the K-sector races being considered failed/corrupted purities that need to be expunged by other races that are more "purer"/unsullied (given that the Zerg and Protoss were tainted by Amon) in order to continue the Cycle. It'd be neat since those other races can be made as warped mirror images of the current races or, if they were really creative, give them totally different spins. They don't have to be made out as generic bad, evil guys either.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Wouldn't they all be Xel'Naga or dead by now?

Still, the idea of previous cycle races is pretty neat though. I'd like to think the Xel'Naga weren't that completely incompetent in reproducing by only setting up the Zerg and the Protoss as their only heirs, just to be totally ruined forever right from the very inception of those two races because of Amon.

Maybe they could introduce some races that were failed purities of essence /form being jelly of the Terrans, Zerg and Protoss for being special. Or they could flip it and have the K-sector races being considered failed/corrupted purities that need to be expunged by other races that are more "purer"/unsullied (given that the Zerg and Protoss were tainted by Amon) in order to continue the Cycle. It'd be neat since those other races can be made as warped mirror images of the current races or, if they were really creative, give them totally different spins. They don't have to be made out as generic bad, evil guys either.
    That depends if the Xel'Naga originally even WANTED the Protoss to have purity of form in the first place. Do you believe if Amon never interfered, they would have gotten that purity?