Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Nova: Covert Ops [SPOILERS]

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Nova: Covert Ops [SPOILERS]

Ok I'm officially worn out. You win. :P

Sheliek's Avatar Member

Any news on batch 2? Batch 1 came out way earlier than I expected, and I'm hoping beyond reason this is true for them all.

The original game clearly illustrated that the Overmind was not necessary for the psi emitter to attract zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Psi disruptors do not directly interfere with psionic waveforms. Rather, they emit Sigma radiation which disrupts psi-receptive cellular tissue in zerg. Go back over Stettman's notes in WoL.
    Different device, same name. Both perform a similar effect and thus share the name.

The large-scale one directly interfeers with the command signal, while the other one doses them with radiation, both slow and disorientate them but the means is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Ok I'm officially worn out. You win. :P
    Eh, it wasn't about winning. I concede that you may have something with your point about my position being potentially from ignorance in that it does rely on incredulity (it's too incredible and plot devicey to have feral Zerg be attracted with psionics for no inherent reason other than itself, so it can't be true) or lack of imagination (I can't imagine how the Overmind is not the source of the attraction, so it must be true), but then again, this can just as easily be applied to your position.

Well fought nontheless. Haven't had a good debate like that in awhile and it was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by RODTHEGOD View Post
    The original game clearly illustrated that the Overmind was not necessary for the psi emitter to attract zerg.
    Ooh, another contender in the ring, I see? You'll need to clarify what you mean by "original game" - Sc1 alone or with BW. If you mean Sc1 alone, the Overmind and Zerg are inextricably one with the manual positing that the reason for any such attraction being the Overmind's motivation to find a weapon to fight Protoss, so you'll need to demonstrate when non-Overmind (or feral) Zerg show attraction (not sensitivity/attunement/responsiveness) to psionics in Sc1.

If you then say that it's demonstrable in BW then that is potentially in conflict with Sc1. There was a highly suggested reason in Sc1 and now in BW, there isn't (supposedly, since there is an out that is continuous with Sc1), yet the attraction persists. To then conclude that the attraction to psionics in Sc1 is and was always due to "no reason" (disregarding any influence that the Overmind's would and should have entirely) is retroactive continuity.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolanstar View Post
    Different device, same name. Both perform a similar effect and thus share the name.

The large-scale one directly interfeers with the command signal, while the other one doses them with radiation, both slow and disorientate them but the means is different.
    And it wasn't fully effective of an interference with the command signal anyways. If it were, there wouldn't have been ANY Zerg forces defending the 2nd Overmind when the UED finally reached Char's surface in the last terran BW mission.