Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova: Covert Ops [SPOILERS]

Default Re: Nova: Covert Ops [SPOILERS]

Noticed that the zerg are labelled as "feral zerg" in both missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    So wait, after Kerrigan left the zerg to their own devices, they are attacking humanity once again?
    Ha! Good one!

While we're at it, why are the Zerg still attracted to Psi Emitters again?
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Why is it hard to believe the zerg would be on the offensive again, whether or not they're under Zagara?

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Why is it hard to believe the zerg would be on the offensive again, whether or not they're under Zagara?
    Because it further reinforces that Kerrigan is an evil piece of crap human being who didn't deserve or earn her redemption contrary to where the epilogue left off. You'd think that after years of butchering humans, Kerrigan could have done humanity at least one solid by removing the Zerg as an external threat to actually give peace a chance. Instead, the legacy she left behind is that of more bloodshed and now even more humans are dying because of her.

That's not what's hard to believe. What's hard to believe is that someone who has supposedly reformed, is all about life and goodness and is a frickin' god now just leaving the Zerg scot free to keep on doing what they normally do - killing innocent people and stuff.

EDIT: Dang, beaten to the punch.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

I think the worse issue is the issue of tonal dissonance. You are right, Kerrigan didn't earn redemption; Raynor is such a broken man that he's left grinning at a genocidal maniac while standing in the ruins of a shattered Auguatgrad, where thousands just died; the zerg are still an ongoing threat; political intrigue and greed threaten to destabilize Valerian's peaceful regime, revealing the innate violence and corruption of human nature; and tribalism will likely tear the Daelaam apart, leading to a second, greater Aeon of Strife that will tear apart the stars.

Looking at the facts, we got the downer ending we wanted, but it's being peddled as a Disney ending. If we could simply change the tone and emphasis, we' d be good.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 03-30-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Sheliek's Avatar Member

^ Kerrigan's a better character if you read her as supremely mentally ill thanks to the Ghost conditioning, zerg infestation, subsequent personal tinkering with the Ghost conditioning on Amerigo, whatever the Hell Mengsk could've done while they were in SoK, suddenly and at least somewhat unwillingly becoming the centre of a predatory hivemind, etc. I've said it before, I'll say it again. You can even make a solid case for Raynor being fucked in the head after everything too, albeit in different ways (mostly combat- and stress-induced PTSD). Neither of those would be stretches (though definitely a stronger case for Kerrigan).

I genuinely feel bad for them both as characters, TBH.
    Last edited by Sheliek; 03-30-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Yeah. Alcoholism and obsessive tendencies/debilitating perseveration are hallmarks of PTSD. Poor Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Because it further reinforces that Kerrigan is an evil piece of crap human being who didn't deserve or earn her redemption contrary to where the epilogue left off. You'd think that after years of butchering humans, Kerrigan could have done humanity at least one solid by removing the Zerg as an external threat to actually give peace a chance. Instead, the legacy she left behind is that of more bloodshed and now even more humans are dying because of her.
    because eliminating the Zerg, because not humans, for me it is perfect to let children solve their problems by itself, the work of kerrigan is to keep the life not choose which one that seems more pretty, besides that she herself developing empathy for the zerg. the truth I did not look bad if the Zerg turns to be the dominant life in starcraft, although Darwinian moral. certainly it seems exaggerated emphasis on whether or not it, the virtue of redemption is genuine in the search and not on what is got, and indeed become in xelnaga is a sacrifice to do the right thing as well as become in zerg was a sacrifice to promote their revenge

haha at least jim was very scared that kerrigan would become this

ha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Looking at the facts, we got the downer ending we wanted, but it's being peddled as a Disney ending. If we could simply change the tone and emphasis, we' d be good.
    Agreed, if Blizzard didn't treat her like some hero that'd be awesome. Artanis bowing down to worship Kerrigan at the end was just insulting after his promise to kill her back during Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    because eliminating the Zerg, because not humans, for me it is perfect to let children solve their problems by itself, the work of kerrigan is to keep the life not choose which one that seems more pretty
    Part of preserving life includes removing dangerous threats. Part of redemption includes fixing and not repeating past mistakes. After killing billions of humans, the fact that she allows any more to die is like a reformed serial killer going out to kill more people.

besides that she herself developing empathy for the zerg.
    Zerg are biological murder machines designed to kill/assimilate people. If she has more empathy for them than other humans, that makes her evil. So what part of what I said do you actually disagree with? Changing zerg from scary alien invaders into misunderstood characters that require sympathy was a mind-numbingly stupid story design decision.

I can't really understand the rest of your paragraph.
    Last edited by Gradius; 03-30-2016 at 06:08 PM.