Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rework Starcraft II

Default Re: How to Rework Starcraft II

Are we talking about how oppresslematic SC2 is? I always found the lack of demiboys and other cries for attention in the story totes problematic and indicative of the handiwork of the Illuminati on the writing team.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriarchy, not Illuminati. Whoops!
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    Are we talking about how oppresslematic SC2 is? I always found the lack of demiboys and other cries for attention in the story totes problematic and indicative of the handiwork of the Illuminati on the writing team.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriarchy, not Illuminati. Whoops!
    Not enough triangles in SC for the illumanti to be involved.

basic conspiracy 101.

No!~~~ I misspelled the totally real and oppressive cabal of an entire gender and race, the Patriarchy. Silly me haha Unlike the evil cabal of the elite group of wealthy technocrats that is the Illuminati. That would be way more absurd.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

Kaise, don't you realize? There are a lot of squares in StarCraft. What are squares? Just two triangles!!

I really did not have a problem with Zagara, Vorazun or Rohanna... Silendis was okay too but never given anything to do.

Izsha sucked, but not because she was female.

Hanson was okay I guess. Pretty inoffensive, but also pretty unnecessary.

Kerrigan in WoL was all right I guess. Hated her in HotS.

Never really liked Nova.

Having to write female characters too safely is a problem and kind of always has been (I think people wrote more interesting female parts back in the 30's-60's than what we saw in the 70's and 80's). I don't think women having agency and being assertive was the problem, though. The opposite was certainly an issue for a really long time, though.
    Last edited by Aldrius; 04-09-2016 at 10:10 PM.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Kaise, don't you realize? There are a lot of squares in StarCraft. What are squares? Just two triangles!!
    Clearly, you're too simple-minded. Eight triangles make up a square, at a mininum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    I don't think women having agency and being assertive was the problem, though.
    Apparently (according to Nissa at any rate), this quality makes Sc2 detract from it's core sci fi and male target audience. I guess the solution then is to have no female characters whatosever for any reason, or if there's an inclination to include them, they should be submissive and/or superfluous in order to maintain integrity to this target audience.... Oh, what's that I hear? More complaining? I wonder why?
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

For the record, Ellen Ripley, Korra (yay Korrasami!), Katniss, River Tam, and Kara Thrace are my favorite characters ever.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 04-10-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    !!

You have opened my mind.

and Muspelli is an ILLUMINATI AGENT, HE'S TRYING TO THROW US OFF HIS TRAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    I really did not have a problem with Zagara, Vorazun or Rohanna... Silendis was okay too but never given anything to do.

Izsha sucked, but not because she was female.

Hanson was okay I guess. Pretty inoffensive, but also pretty unnecessary.

Kerrigan in WoL was all right I guess. Hated her in HotS.

Never really liked Nova.

Having to write female characters too safely is a problem and kind of always has been (I think people wrote more interesting female parts back in the 30's-60's than what we saw in the 70's and 80's). I don't think women having agency and being assertive was the problem, though. The opposite was certainly an issue for a really long time, though.
    Selendis was taken out of the picture too early because she came under Amon's control. It would have been better if we got to play a few missions from Amon's POV, where we got to control Selendis. But then, if she'd be just stuck in the carrier like what happened in "In Utter Darkness," it'd be meh.

Izsha should have gotten more personality since Blizzard originally intended her to be Amanda Haley. I had hoped that in HotS Kerrigan could have showed regret for what she did to her. Overall that was her main problem in HotS and LotV: she never really understood that people would hold the past against her even if it really COULD have been proven that everything she did was all due to Amon's influence (which obviously wasn't the case).

That, combined with the whole entitlement factor, means there's still plenty of retribution to come.

I think they're done with Kerrigan. For better or worse.

And getting some of Amon's perspective would have been cool (ala Reign of Chaos Undead campaign I suppose) but honestly I think even with that the whole Golden Armada plotline should have been resolved by -- at the latest -- the halfway point.

The whole SC2 campaign is a bit too monomaniacal with each storyline (except Wings of Liberty -- which just doesn't resolve anything). Like mengsk should have been dealt with by at the absolutely LATEST 60% mark in the campaign. That dragged on way too long.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!