Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [Spoilers] Gradius's LoTV Thoughts

Default Re: [Spoilers] Gradius's LoTV Thoughts

^ When assalting Narud's research facility, Abathur mentioned it was impossible to assimilate the essence of the Hybrids. I'm going to assume it's similar with the Xel'Naga. However, it's possible for the Overmind to "touch minds" with its creators and gain some insights.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Two things that came to mind. First, this made me take pause.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind
    These Dark Templar wield energies much like my own.
    In hindsight, it shouldn't have been that much of a surprise that the new Big Bad that uses Void energy to do shiz created the Overmind.

Also, if you've never used the Mothership in the campaign - DO IT. The Tal'darim Motherships make the normal Mothership look like an ineffectual pussy. THESE are the mighty capital ships so strong we're only allowed one that the Mothership should have been all along.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    One other thing I noticed. Kerrigan assimilated Ouros, but the zerg already assimilated the Xel'Naga in the SC1 manual. So they should have godhood status already and/or not be able to do it in the first place...
    I thought only the Overmind himself was the one assimilating the Xel'Naga. And in any case it was largely retconned via the SC2 lore so it doesn't matter anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    ^ When assalting Narud's research facility, Abathur mentioned it was impossible to assimilate the essence of the Hybrids. I'm going to assume it's similar with the Xel'Naga. However, it's possible for the Overmind to "touch minds" with its creators and gain some insights.
    This is what I'm saying. That meant Amon made sure the Overmind was unique from other Zerg. Maybe he figured out the other Xel'Naga would know what he was up to, so he designed the Overmind so that it could assimilate his people

- Alarak doesn't suck, but his voice is Covetous Shen from D3. Can't really take him seriously because I just think of a cartoon character. Still, one of the better characters in LoTV. Since he's the top protoss in the chain of ascension, does this mean he's being fed lots of power? Explains how he broke out of his stasis cage so easily, or Vorazun's surprise at how he destroyed both the door and the zerg behind it on that Aiur mission.
    Alarak was played by John de Lancie (Q from Star Trek) not James Hong (Covetous Shen). I didn't really think he sounded cartoony (or like James Hong) at all.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Kerrigan assimilated Ouros, but the zerg already assimilated the Xel'Naga in the SC1 manual. So they should have godhood status already and/or not be able to do it in the first place...
    Maybe it's different because Kerrigan wasn't technically using Zerg assimilation processes or that Ouros was just giving his powers to her.

Besides, we're talking about the Primal Zerg infested Kerrigan here - which don't assimilate but eat essence. Only the Overmind Zerg assimilated Xel'Naga so even if she had that part of her in her original QoB form, it was expunged from her with the artifact in WoL. I don't blame you for not being able to tell the difference the two types of QoB though.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Maybe it's different because Kerrigan wasn't technically using Zerg assimilation processes or that Ouros was just giving his powers to her.
    It was the latter. Unlike the primal pack leaders who had their essence taken against their will, Ouros volunteered to give that up to her. This again is a shame on the Xel'Naga's part for their stupid tradition in cherishing life and would never kill (Amon and his followers being the exception).

I didn't mind Kerrigan's ascension or her redemption. She wanted to stop Amon as a way of making amends (since killing Amon would guarantee the future safety of zerg human and protoss). She even takes up the xel'naga cause, creating life rather than destroying. It's a nice penance. Where she destroyed now she gives life.

Even being with Jimmy isn't bad because he's a broken man who kinda needs healing. Kerrigan's doing it for his sake. And in anycase, a human life is a blink to a xel'naga.

- - - Updated - - -

Another possibility is that Amon released the Zerg as a desperation move. Both sides were being badly beaten so he unleashed the zerg to try and take his enemies out. Unfortunately the Zerg feasted on his followers to.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthYam View Post
    I didn't mind Kerrigan's ascension or her redemption. She wanted to stop Amon as a way of making amends (since killing Amon would guarantee the future safety of zerg human and protoss). She even takes up the xel'naga cause, creating life rather than destroying. It's a nice penance. Where she destroyed now she gives life.

Even being with Jimmy isn't bad because he's a broken man who kinda needs healing. Kerrigan's doing it for his sake. And in anycase, a human life is a blink to a xel'naga.

- - - Updated - - -

Another possibility is that Amon released the Zerg as a desperation move. Both sides were being badly beaten so he unleashed the zerg to try and take his enemies out. Unfortunately the Zerg feasted on his followers to.
    To me, this would be somewhat like the ending of The Count of Monte Cristo film, where after Dantes got his revenge, he went back to the prison where he was held for so long and made peace offerings to the priest who helped him escape (but lost his life in the process).

He made the vow that "all that was used for evil will now be used for good."

This is my hope of what Kerrigan is now doing, that she had abused her power for her own selfish gains, now she would do the opposite. This was hinted in the epilogue, where it was proven that ultimately, she DID think beyond herself.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

This is my hope of what Kerrigan is now doing, that she had abused her power for her own selfish gains, now she would do the opposite. This was hinted in the epilogue, where it was proven that ultimately, she DID think beyond herself.
    So basically you hope for the final nail in StarCraft's coffin. The Zerg are not a delinquent criminal to redeem itself in a heart-wrenching ending cutscene. They're the fucking Zerg.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    So basically you hope for the final nail in StarCraft's coffin. The Zerg are not a delinquent criminal to redeem itself in a heart-wrenching ending cutscene. They're the fucking Zerg.
    The Zerg no. Kerrigan yes. Kerrigan is personally making life to make up for all the atrocities she committed. It's a way of balancing the scales. The zerg this time are just vindictive violent assholes, not cold blooded sadists.