Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: New Unit Fun

  1. #1

    Default New Unit Fun

    I don't know where else to put this, so here we go.

    I thought of a new Zerg unit the other day. Infected Mushroom has this great album cover for Army of Mushroom, and it would be cool if that were a sort of unit. Like, it's a mushroom-shaped Zerg that reaches its roots underground and prevents burrowing creatures from approaching -- nothing nydus, no burrowing units. It would also have the ability to attack ground units with tentacles.

    This is definitely more of a ZvZ idea, but...I dunno, sounds kinda fun.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default Re: New Unit Fun

    Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    I don't know where else to put this, so here we go.

    I thought of a new Zerg unit the other day. Infected Mushroom has this great album cover for Army of Mushroom, and it would be cool if that were a sort of unit. Like, it's a mushroom-shaped Zerg that reaches its roots underground and prevents burrowing creatures from approaching -- nothing nydus, no burrowing units. It would also have the ability to attack ground units with tentacles.

    This is definitely more of a ZvZ idea, but...I dunno, sounds kinda fun.
    Interesting, seems it could work from a Swarm Host mutation or something

  4. #4

    Default Re: New Unit Fun

    I don't like the swarm host. And mushrooms! I thought you were kidding about that.

    Creep colonies. They do the attack the same as you described. Though they don't prevent burrow movement.

  5. #5

    Default Re: New Unit Fun

    Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    I don't like the swarm host. And mushrooms! I thought you were kidding about that.

    Creep colonies. They do the attack the same as you described. Though they don't prevent burrow movement.
    You mean sunkens, right?

  6. #6

    Default Re: New Unit Fun

    Mushrooms, Gna! Mushrooms indeed!

    Heh, I was just thinking about what swarm genetics I would add to the swarm if I were infested. They would all be pretty stupid, probably, but fun.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

  7. #7

    Default Re: New Unit Fun

    I don't know why I don't like the swarm host.

  8. #8

    Default Re: New Unit Fun

    Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    I don't know why I don't like the swarm host.
    You didn't find it useful in the HotS campaign?

  9. #9

    Default Re: New Unit Fun

    Probably because they're like a shittier ground version of a carrier almost.

  10. #10

    Default Re: New Unit Fun

    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserStratosTygo View Post
    Probably because they're like a shittier ground version of a carrier almost.
    To think how much people had hoped for the beginning for that unit

Similar Threads

  1. should there be a unit that take only gas?
    By Birdy in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 04:04 PM
  2. Unit Ranks
    By GRUNT in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 12:44 AM
  3. my unit suggestions
    By Lopan91 in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
  4. Understanding SC2: A Unit by Unit Analysis
    By Aldrius in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
  5. Why does every unit need an ability?
    By SCdude in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •