Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Co-Op Commander Theorycrafting

Default Re: Co-Op Commander Theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but Stukov is already in the editor. You can check him out if you like.
    He is, and it's obvious he's the next guy coming in, but all of it's is pretty obviously placeholder stuff and almost no detail is put into it. LotV Beta had more info about the at-launch commanders than this patch has for Stukov.

Also, some new missions are hiding in the editor. Sky Shield, Char02 and Valerian03. If I had to guess, Char02 would either by the scourge nest mission or the nuclear fiesta that was Warfield's compound (I'd think the constant rain of nukes would make a better mechanic than activating things that kill giant battlecruisers). Valerian03 could be the rip field generator mission. Would work well as a kill-'em-all allied map.

In addition, even more placeholder data for unreleased commanders is in, including... Duran? Well, hell, it makes as much sense as Arcturus Mengsk and the Overmind. It'd be nice to play as the Hybrids, especially if they are fleshed out a bit!

new maps.png
    commanders.png

Sorry for the lazy paint-fu on the commanders image.

Also, people are skeptical of Blizzard adding Commanders from the first game who don't appear in SCII, but they've already included co-op-only art in the most recent patch (Sgt. Hammer's portrait and the solar core model). I can see them making a portrait for, say, DuGalle, or a proper non-ghost Tassadar portrait.

Also-also, I'm just saying it now: Mira Han needs to be a commander at some point.

EDIT: A fully functional defiler was in the base LotV game, but it used the scantipede model. Since this patch, there is a completely artless defiler model in the Co-op dependency.

creepy colony.png

Creep colony model is now in-game, left the file path. alliedcommanders.sc2mod
    Last edited by Sheliek; 12-18-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

@Muspelli, The defiler model has been there since hots, and all dependencies in void share most of the art, co-op icons can be found in all version

The untextured defiler model has. They made more a functional, complete version that just used the scantipede portrait and model, and was textured, which was added with LotV. The one I found the co-op dependency DOES have the scantipede art (dunno why it didn't when I was looking through earlier)
    Arcturus Mengsk did nothing wrong. Tarsonis is just a conspiracy theory.

And now for something completely different!

Packleader Dehaka

Initial units: Zergling, Roach, Hydralisk, Mutalisk (all Primal forms)

Hero unit: Dehaka comes with cliff jumping, Abduct, Mend, and Spawn Dehaka Copies.

Talents

Level 1: "Primal Evolution." Dehaka's units have no unique upgrades (just generic stat ups from the Evolution Chamber/Spire), but they have higher stats (Zerglings +10 HP and +1 damage, Roach, Hydralisk and Mutalisk +20 HP and +2 damage)
    Level 2: "Primal Defenses." Dehaka mutates Spore Colonies and Sunken Colonies instead of Spore Crawlers and Spine Crawlers. Colonies do more damage than Crawlers and have increased HP, but cannot uproot.
    Level 3: "Evolution Chamber Cache Upgrade." Unlocks evolutions for Dehaka at the Evolution Chamber
    - Spawn extra copy (spawns three Dehaka Spawn instead of two), Mending Aura (increases Mend range by 3 and heals 50 more HP.)
    Level 4 "Zergling Evolution Cache." Unlocks Primal Essences - Zergling research at Spawning Pool.
    - Primal Essence costs 300/300 to research. Increases Zergling attack and movement speeds by 30% and Zergling damage by 1.
    Level 5 "Unlock: Swarm Host." Unlocks Swarm Host and Infestation Pit for production.
    Level 6 "Roach Evolution Cache." Unlocks Primal Essences - Roach research at Roach Warren.
    - Primal Essence costs 300/300 to research. Increases Roach armor by 2 and damage by 3, and allows Burrow-move.
    Level 7 "One who Collects." Doubles Dehaka HP and energy regen.
    Level 8 "Unlock: Viper." Unlocks Greater Spire and Viper for production.
    Level 9 "Hydralisk Upgrade Cache." Unlocks Primal Essences - Hydralisk research at Hydralisk Den.
    - Primal Essence costs 300/300 to research. Increases Hydralisk attack range by 2, and movement speed by 1.
    Level 10 "Unlock: Ultralisk." Unlocks Ultralisks and Ultralisk Cavern for evolution.
    Level 11 "Parasitic Genome." Dehaka's Swarm Hosts now spawn Creepers instead of Locusts. Creepers retain their normal attack from Locusts, but explode to deal splash damage when killed, like Banelings.
    Level 12 "Mutalisk Upgrade Cache." Unlocks Primal Essences - Mutalisk research at Hydralisk Den.
    - Primal Essence costs 300/300 to research. Increases Mutalisk attack range by 1 and lower the damage reduction from bouncing attacks. (Instead of 9-4-1 it's now 9-6-3)
    Level 13 "Essence Flows." Researching Primal Essences also increases HP regen rates for affected units.
    Level 14 "Purity of Essence." Reduces damage combat units take from damaging abilities by 50%.
    Level 15: "Packleader." Doubles Dehaka's movement and attack rates.

The intent with Dehaka is that he isn't into researching upgrades or using many caster units. He's just gonna get a pack of primal zerg and descend upon opponents swiftly.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 12-20-2015 at 12:54 AM.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Overmind, Eternal Ruler of the Swarm

Initial units: Zergling, Hydralisk, Mutalisk, Ultralisk

Hero unit: The Overmind is an immobile structure near the player's base, similar to Swann's laser drill or Karax's solar forge. It takes 5 minutes for the Overmind to finish mutating. The Overmind can use Psionic Focus to attack enemy units in a range of 13 (damage 30, attack rate 1.5), and has calldown-type abilities.

Creep Bomb: Bombards an area with sacs, dealing 100 damage to enemies in the target area and spawning creep tumors. Cooldown 120.
    Psionic Senses: Disables the Fog of War for 20 seconds and reveals all cloaked and burrowed units for the duration. Cooldown 120.

Talents

Level 1: "Swarm Master." The Overmind's Hatcheries mutate faster (30 seconds) and innately produce extra larvae (up to 6, max)
    Level 2: "Frenzy." Allows Overmind to use Frenzy ability. Allied units in target area gain +100% movement and attack rates for 10 seconds. Cooldown 180.
    Level 3: "Unlock: Cerebrate." Unlocks Cerebrates for production. Cerebrates are immobile defensive structures that also provide supply.
    - Cerebrate attack is Psionic Pulse (20 damage, attack rate 1.5, range 7), cost is 100/100/30, provides 10 supply.
    Level 4 "Zergling Evolution Cache." Upgrades Zerglings to Devouring Ones and unlocks upgrades for them at Evolution Pit.
    - Ferocious Aggression (damage +2, attack speed +40%, 150/150/90), Persistent Hunter (Speed +50%, Devouring Ones gain a Charge-like ability, 200/200/120)
    Level 5 "Unlock: Queen." Unlocks Queens and Queen's Nest for production. Queens can use Ensnare and Spawn Broodlings.
    Level 6 "Improved Overlords." Overlords mutate faster (-10 build time) and provide double the supply.
    Level 7 "Hydralisk Upgrade Cache." Upgrades Hydralisks to Hunter Killers and unlocks upgrades for them at Hydralisk Den.
    - Sharpened Spine (attacks ignore armor, 150/150/90), Muscular Augments (movement and attack rate +50%, 150/150/90)
    Level 8 "Unlock: Guardian." Unlocks Greater Spire and Guardian for production.
    Level 9 "Cerebrate Upgrade Cache." Unlocks Cerebrate upgrades at Evolution Chamber
    - Grey Matter (Psionic Pulse damage +5, range +2), Hive Directive (units in a range of 13 of a Cerebrate gain +50% movement and attack speeds)
    Level 10 "Apocalypse." Allows Overmind to use Apocalypse ability. Deals 200 damage (+300 vs structure) to all enemies in target area of effect and deals an additional 200 damage to affected enemies over 10 seconds. Cooldown: 300
    Level 11 "Queen Upgrade Cache." Upgrades Queens to Matriarchs and unlocks upgrades for them at Queen's Nest
    - Zergling Genome (Spawn Broodling spawns two Zerglings instead of Broodlings, 150/150/90), Gamete Mitosis (Queens spawn with full energy and have increased energy regen rate, 200/200/120)
    Level 12 "Swarm Upgrade Cache." Unlocks additional Zerg upgrades at the Evolution Chamber
    - Rapid Incubation (all unit mutation speeds -10%, 200/200/120), Healing Genomes (all unit regen rates +2, 200/200/120)
    Level 13 "Spire Upgrade Cache." Mutalisks and Guardians upgrade to Kukulza strain and unlocks upgrades for them at the Spire and Greater Spire.
    - Mutalisks get Aerodynamic Glaive (range +2, bounces four times, 150/150/90) and Acidic Expulsion (Mutalisk damages nearby enemy units on death 100/100/50), Guardians get Pressurized Glands (Guardian can now attack air units, 150/150/90) and Explosive Acids (Guardian's attacks deal splash damage, 200/200/120)
    Level 14 "Ultralisk Upgrade Cache." Upgrades Ultralisks to Torrasques and unlocks upgrades for them at Ultralisk Cavern.
    - Scything Blades (attack speed +30%, 150/150/90), Chitinous Plating (armor +2, 150/150/90)
    Level 15: "Will of the Swarm." Halves the cooldown rates for the Overmind's abilities.

The will of the Overmind is absolute. Even when he cannot move, none can escape his fury. All will bow before the Swarm.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 12-20-2015 at 12:52 AM.

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Can you do one for Ulrezaj? He is definitely the strongest Dark Archon out there. Probably the only Protoss who could probably defeat Kerrigan after the primal transformation

I got one for Selendis.

Initial units: Zealot, Adept, High Templar, Archon, Observer, Scout, Arbiter
    Unlockable units: Warp Prism, Carrier, Mothership
    Notes: Selendis gets extra units, as she lacks orbital support.

Level 1: "Khala Discipline" Selendis's Adepts and High Templar can attack air units.
    Level 2: "Dimensional Recall" Gateways (not warp gates) train units 20% faster.
    Level 3: "Warb beacon" Units warping in at a pylon near a warp gate or nexus wtake 2 seconds and have 300% shield regen while warping"
    Level 4: "Twilight council upgrade cache" Unlocks the Shield Resonator upgrade for adepts (+50 shields), and the Khalai Fury upgrade for zealots (attack rate increased by 50% when wounded)
    Level 5: "Unlock Unit - warp prism" Unlocks the warp prism at the robotics facility
    Level 6: "Arc Shield" All buildings gain an energy attack (5 damage, 1.5 second delay, range 6)
    Level 7: "Unlock Unit - Carrier" Unlocks the carrier at the stargate, requires fleet beacon
    Level 8: "Robotics Bay upgrade cache" Unlicks the enchanced sensors upgrade (Observer +2 vision and detecion range), Moniter beacon upgrade (Observer can become stationary, but invulnerable) and Solarite memory lattice upgrade (Warp Prism cargo space doubled)
    Level 9: "Phase Cannon" Photon cannons can enter a mobile mode, like crawlers
    Level 10: "Unlock Unit - Mothership" Unlocks the mothership at the nexus (multiplayer stats, vortex, recall, cloak field)
    Level 11: "Golden Armada" All stargate units get a 10% chance to evade damage
    Level 12: "Fleet beacon upgrade cache" Unlocks the Time bomb upgrade (pauses all enemy missiles around the arbiter-ability), Apial Sensors(increases scout vision and attack range by 2), Purification Beam (unlocks the planet cracker ability for the mothership)
    Level 13: "Mothership Core" All Nexi can host 1 mothership core, mothership core costs 100/100/1, and can only move within 10 range of the nexus, has the time warp, envision, and recall abilities.
    Level 14: "PSI Matrix Overload" All units in a power field gain 25% movement speed, an upgrade at the cybernetics core adds a 15% attack speed buff for 200/200, both effects last 15 seconds after leaving a power field.
    Level 15 "Xelnaga Shielding" All units and structures regenerate shields while in combat at standard rate.

Ulrezaj was fun to do, trying to make him unique from Vorazun and Alarak.

Ulrezaj, the Benefactor

Initial units: Zealot, Stalker, Observer, Corsair, Scout

Hero unit: Ulrezaj is a Dark Archon hero unit with the following stats and abilities:
    Shields: 500
    HP: 100
    Energy: 200
    Attack: 40 damage, range 3, cooldown 1.5, deals splash to nearby units.
    Move speed: 2.5
    Maelstrom: 100 energy, freeze enemy units in a radius for 5 seconds. 20 second cooldown.
    Psi Bolt: 75 energy, deals 300 damage to target enemy unit or structure. 10 second cooldown.
    Note: Similar to Kerrigan and Zagara, Ulrezaj has much higher energy regen than normal casters.

Talents

Level 1: "Renegade's Justice." Ulrezaj's combat units deal 20% more damage when attacking an enemy objective.
    Level 2: "Xava'kai." Friendly units in range 4 of Ulrezaj gain +1 range and +30% movement speed.
    Level 3: "Unlock: Blood Hunter." Unlocks Blood Hunter Dark Templar and Dark Shrine for production. Blood Hunters come with the Void Stasis ability.
    Level 4: "Twilight Council Cache." Unlocks upgrades for the Zealot and Stalker at the Twilight Council:
    - Argus Emitters (zealot attack speed +40%, 150/150/90), Shadow Bend (Stalkers cloak for 3 seconds after Blinking, 100/100/60)
    Level 5: "Psi Burst." Unlocks Psi Burst ability for Ulrezaj.
    - 75 energy, 60 second cooldown, Ulrezaj's attacks gain +2 range and deal additional splash damage for 15 seconds.
    Level 6: "Unlock: Annihilator." Unlocks Annihilator Immortal for production. Annihilators come with the Shadow Cannon ability.
    Level 7: "Argus Pylons." Ulrezaj's pylons grant +200% shield regeneration to nearby units and provide 12 supply instead of 8.
    Level 8: "Unlock: Dark Archon." Unlocks Dark Archon for production from Gateways. Dark Archons come with Confusion and Mind Control.
    Level 9: "Robotics Bay Upgrade Cache." Unlocks Observer and Annihilator upgrades at Robotics Bay.
    - Project Cloak (Observers can cloak up to 3 nearby allied units, similar to Cloaking Field, 150/150/90), Argus Generator (Annilihator Shadow Cannon deals 300 damage, 100/100/60), Shadow Barrage (units being attacked by Shadow Cannon are stunned for the duration, 200/200/120)
    Level 10: "Mass Mind Control." Unlocks Mass Mind Control ability for Ulrezaj.
    - 100 energy, 60 second cooldown. Enemy units in area of effect change to the player's control for 10 seconds. Heroic units are immune.
    Level 11: "Ulrezaj Upgrade Cache." Unlocks upgrades for Ulrezaj at the Dark Shrine.
    - Fiery Aura (enemy units in range 3 of Ulrezaj take damage over time, 150/150/90), Meditation (when not in combat, Ulrezaj gains +200% shield and energy regen, 200/200/120)
    Level 12: "Void Conduit." Enemy units in a power field have -25% attack and movement rates.
    Level 13: "Fleet Beacon Upgrade Cache." Unlocks upgrades for Corsair and Scout at the Fleet Beacon
    - Argus Reactor (Disruption Web cooldown lowers to 20 seconds, 150/150/90), Jotun Thrusters (Scout speed +60%, 100/100/60), Khaydarin Blasters (Scout round attack speed +40% and +3 damage, 150/150/90)
    Level 14: "Dark Shrine Upgrade Cache." Unlocks upgrades for Blood Hunter and Dark Archons at the Dark Shrine.
    - Stasis Lock (Void Stasis can now target air units, 200/200/120), Void Storm (Dark Archons can use Void Storm ability, acts like Psionic Storm and saps armor of damaged units to 0 for 5 seconds, 200/200/120)
    Level 15: "Fist of Ulrezaj." Halves the cooldown rates for Ulrezaj's abilities and increases Ulrezaj's energy regen rate by 100%.

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

Gabriel Tosh: Tosh's Pirates

Initial Units: Marine, Marauder, Medic, Vulture, Diamondback, Wraith, Banshee, Spectre
    Unlockable Units: Reaper, Predator
    Upgrades: Tri-lithium power cells (increase diamondback range by 1), Replenishable spider mines (self-explanitory), cross-spectrum dampeners (banshee cloak energy requirement halved)
    Abilities: "PSI Indoctrinator" Mind controls the target psionic unit, 60 second cooldown
    "Deploy Merc squad" Deploys a uncontrollable Special Ops Dropship with 8 war pigs, 2 hammer securities which seek out and destroy enemy units

Level 1: "Salvage" All buildings provide a 75% refund when destroyed.
    Level 2: "Jorium Enhancements" All friendly units deal +2 damage to enemy buildings and psionics
    Level 3: "Extended contract" Merc squad has 2 devil dogs
    Level 4: "Unlock Reaper" Unlocks the Reaper for production at the barracks
    Level 6: "Voodoo Trophies" Spectres level up for a 10% health and damage stat boost per level, max 100%, level x3 kills per level
    Level 6: "Infantry upgrade cache" Unlocks the following upgrades at the barracks tech lab: Advanced UA shells (increase marine range by 1), Nano-projectors (medic energy regen rate increased by 50%), Ablative Plating (increases marauder armour by 2), UA-238 Shells (increase reaper damage vs light by 5, and range by 1)
    Level 7: "Unlock Predator" Unlocks the predator for use at the factory
    Level 8: "Razorwire" All buildings gain +2 armour
    Level 9 "Shadow ops upgrade cache" Unlocks the Impaler rounds (+5 damage vs armored), PSI-Lash (allows use of psi-lash)
    Level 10: "Stolen Tech" Bunkers and Missile turrets are now Shielded for 200 Shields
    Level 11: "Nyx Module" Spectres are now permanently cloaked, predator vespene cost halved
    Level 12: "Factory Uprgrade cache" Unlocks the following upgrades at the factory tech lab: Auto Repair (Vultures regenerate 1 life per second), Titanium plating (Increase diamondback life by 50), Cloaking Drive (Predators become permanently cloaked)
    Level 13: "Micro filtering" Amount of vespene per mining trip increased to 5
    Level 14 "Starport upgrade cache" Unlocks the following upgrades at the starport tech lab: Displacement Drive (Stationary cloaked wraiths regen energy), Gravitic displacement (cloaked banshees move 50% faster).
    Level 15: "Terrazine Reactors" All friendly units regen energy at double the rate
    Last edited by Nolanstar; 12-21-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Ulrezaj was fun to do, trying to make him unique from Vorazun and Alarak.
    Quite interesting, I liked it. Hmm, you know since people have put up deceased people for commanders, I wonder if it's possible to do with the abilities of all 3 factions in, combined with hybrids. Then we could REALLY see just what Duran is capable of....