Thread: Legacy of the Void: The Story So Far

Default Legacy of the Void: The Story So Far

I'll summarize the inconsistencies, errors, and exclusions here.

- Duke and Fenix did not exist; Kerrigan took control of the Zerg using only Raynor, Zeratul, and Mengsk. Raszagal also did not exist.
    - The UED, Daggoth, and the Second Overmind did not exist; Kerrigan took control of the Zerg from no one in particular.
    - Aldaris did not exist and there was definitely no rebellion on Shakuras.
    - Raynor tried to attack Kerrigan at one time between games and failed.
    - Artanis went to capture Tassadar before the attack on Zasz, and it was Zeratul who convinced him to ally with the Dark Templar.
    - The Primal Zerg did not exist.
    - Duran/Narud did not exist.
    - Zeratul was living among the protoss until the plan to retake Aiur after the events of HotS was hatched, and left them to investigate shiz.
    - Raynor x Kerrigan tru luv 4evar <3

It's depressing how much Blizzard doesn't remember their own damn games and their stories. Nevermind the original SC and Brood War, they don't even properly recap the previous two parts of the trilogy!
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 11-01-2015 at 10:04 PM.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Default Re: Legacy of the Void: The Story So Far

To be fair, We do not know what the protoss were really up to during wings of liberty, so their "plans to retake auir" might have started then, to which Zeratul begins his journey.

Besides that, yep.....a ton of holes. Hell the "story so far" they had for Wings of Liberty was more accurate.

A summary of a summary? That's interesting. It's certain the initial summary omitted some details but that doesn't necessarily mean those details never existed. It's a summary afterall. Shouldn't be too bad unless they outright said it didn't exist or said something in direct contradiction to what actually happened (like that Artanis going to find Tassadar before Zasz's assasination - that's just plain incorrect).
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

-Kerrigan was always in charge, it's just like how we wre always at war with Eastasia
    -Second verse same as the first
    -The Protoss are 100% Homogenous
    -Offscreen fun time!
    -Artanis's Scout is actually powered by 1.21 Gigawatts
    -Thank christ
    -Nobody was manipulating anyone, ss that is mean!
    -That is bizzare
    -BRB must find toilet

somehow they forgot not just SC1 and BW (which might as well not even exist in SC2's concenr) but they fucked up SC2 as well
    somehow they forgot HotS which came out 2 years ago. -_-

Ho Ho Ho this game will surely blow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jconant View Post
    To be fair, We do not know what the protoss were really up to during wings of liberty, so their "plans to retake auir" might have started then, to which Zeratul begins his journey.

Besides that, yep.....a ton of holes. Hell the "story so far" they had for Wings of Liberty was more accurate.
    Not the protoss, no, but we do know from the Dark Templar Saga that Zeratul did not return to Shakuras after BW, he was ashamed of himself and spent the years between games travelling the stars doing soul searching. Then Zamara and Jake talked him out of it and he went to investigate the energy creatures. His return in LotV's intro is apparently the first time they've seen him in years, hence the hostile reaction. But even if you want to say Zeratul came back to them before, his searching for the prophecy had nothing to do with the Aiur plans, it was because of the DTS events and the discovery of Duran.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiseStratosTygo View Post
    -Kerrigan was always in charge, it's just like how we wre always at war with Eastasia
    -Second verse same as the first
    -The Protoss are 100% Homogenous
    -Offscreen fun time!
    -Artanis's Scout is actually powered by 1.21 Gigawatts
    -Thank christ
    -Nobody was manipulating anyone, ss that is mean!
    -That is bizzare
    -BRB must find toilet

somehow they forgot not just SC1 and BW (which might as well not even exist in SC2's concenr) but they fucked up SC2 as well
    somehow they forgot HotS which came out 2 years ago. -_-

Ho Ho Ho this game will surely blow!
    The forgetting what happened in BW is the major part, Stratos. This is the exact cause for the whole retribution factor. You're not supposed to sweep that under the carpet.

RetlocLive's Avatar Junior Member

I'm letting the whole "leaving out huge chunks of the story" aside, because there's only so much you could add to a recap video...but continuing to implement more retcons was pathetic.

-Making Artanis hunt down Tassadar/Zeratul before the Aiur invasion began means that he formed an alliance with rebel Protoss much earlier than he was supposed to, and takes away his whole character-arc as to why Artanis chose to betray the Conclave for them.

-Making Zeratul the one that convinces Artanis that the Dark Templar aren't heretics takes away the whole point of Tassadar's character.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

-Making Zeratul the one that convinces Artanis that the Dark Templar aren't heretics takes away the whole point of Tassadar's character.

Sadly, I've gotten used to this kind of treatment One of my favorite characters with the most memorable moments, and they trash it.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.