Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So what if Kerrigan doesn't survive LotV?

Default Re: So what if Kerrigan doesn't survive LotV?

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    I don't think "supremacy" is the right word.
    ...and yet...

All she wanted was to take down Mengsk
    ...a man that defines himself by trying to be better than everyone else, including Kerrigan such that...

She wanted the power to destroy him, and was maybe mildly interested in the stuff Zer was saying.
    Sounds like she wanted supremacy over Mengsk if you ask me.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    old Kerrigan is not "will swarm" she serves this unconsciously, kerrigan keeps some independence and individualistic attitudes: as his hatred for Arcturus, piety with Raynor, and his desire not to be governed.
    With the Overmind was pretty docile. with the death of the Overmind Zerg she did not deny his nature (she belonged to the superior species and lived agree to it bringing her mind for overall survival), this absence, only stimulated individualistic aspect, that incited be on top. but during Broodwar follows the patterns of behavior Zerg, seeks to evolve the swarm for domination, following the unattainable perfection.

old Kerrigan was the only one who really seemed to know what happened with Amon, when she retired with the Zerg during Broodwar was not mainly personal reasons (for her Kerrigan Arcturus is insignificant compared to the zerg destination), was forming an army to stop Amon, the top threat, while having a fatalistic attitude, she tried to get the Xel'naga device that we now know is the key to defeating the fallen. Her position it was survival Zerg no other creature.

New Kerrigan is more disconnected from the zerg, making evolve them to get as possible to Arcturus. if Amon had not appeared as a threat, possibly the swarm had left adrift after completing his revenge, what we saw was what a woman with a weapon and with a great hatred.
    Kerrigan has developed empathy for the Zerg, but from a human perspective, not as a Zerg. along its transformation, their mentality has not been affected in comparison with old Kerrigan. now her go to fight like an anti-heroine into space to kill a galactic god who threatens all, knowing she had ruine everything with the only person she cares
    I hope you realize that's not how people are going to see it.

Remember, her arrogant mentality was shown in the LotV prologue. As far as she was concerned, everyone else was just too stupid to do anything. She thought only SHE knew what the right thing was.

I have a feeling that's going to end up backfiring on her severely in LotV.

As was already shown, the hybrids can corrupt and mind control Protoss (Maar did this to the Zhakul Guardians). They can do the same to the terrans, as shown in the LotV prologue when Zeratul commented that the Moebius terrans' minds have been consumed and they're now slaves to the hybrids. And as the 1st LotV mission had shown, if left in their feral state, the hybrids can do the exact same thing to the Zerg.

This is the problem she's going to have to answer at some point in LotV: since taking over the Zerg at the end of BW, has she EVER realized that there are limitations to the swarm, and to herself?

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Sounds like she wanted supremacy over Mengsk if you ask me.
    Trouble is, you're letting "supremacy" be the key word, when really "Mengsk" is. If supremacy were really the point, it would have had more relevance. For example, she wouldn't have been willing to admit she wants someone to take her place if something happens to her. Anyone truly obsessed with supremacy would have made more decisions concerning the Zerg's general power and the power to make her own choices -- not letting Jimmy boy's ethics get in the way ("don't kill civilians"), or purely pursuing individual primal mutation while ignoring more relevant threats for the sake of a guy she really didn't need to be primal to beat.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Trouble is, you're letting "supremacy" be the key word, when really "Mengsk" is. If supremacy were really the point, it would have had more relevance. For example, she wouldn't have been willing to admit she wants someone to take her place if something happens to her. Anyone truly obsessed with supremacy would have made more decisions concerning the Zerg's general power and the power to make her own choices -- not letting Jimmy boy's ethics get in the way ("don't kill civilians"), or purely pursuing individual primal mutation while ignoring more relevant threats for the sake of a guy she really didn't need to be primal to beat.
    Raynor's ethics rang that bell to Kerrigan because she understood if she chose otherwise, all she'd end up proving is in the end, she learned nothing after all these years. Granted she didn't learn too much anyway, but a little is still better than none at all.

And actually she did need to be primal to beat. After all, she wouldn't have succeeded with the Psi Destroyer without Dehaka's help

Trouble is, you're letting "supremacy" be the key word, when really "Mengsk" is.
    Not really. That's why I said "supremacy over Mengsk" in the first place in regards to HotS. Afterall she's willing to kill Protoss and justify that under the umbrella goal of getting one over on Mengsk. That and she doesn't really need to kill Mengsk at all in order to go fight Amon.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Not really. That's why I said "supremacy over Mengsk" in the first place in regards to HotS. Afterall she's willing to kill Protoss and justify that under the umbrella goal of getting one over on Mengsk. That and she doesn't really need to kill Mengsk at all in order to go fight Amon.
    Of course not, but revenge is personal. In many cases, such personal vendettas can lead to a LOT of people getting caught in the crossfire.

The main problem on Kaldir is because she found out Nafash's brood was killed, and then woke up the hive. If she hadn't done that, the Protoss wouldn't have noticed her, and none of this had to happen.