Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GameStop Physical CE pre-order page +...Wait, who's in that portrait (Spoilers?)

Default GameStop Physical CE pre-order page +...Wait, who's in that portrait (Spoilers?)

Here's the link:
    http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/sta...edition/123541

Oddly enough...It says the skin is a Purifier Adept and that the special portraits for the CE are Narud (highlight to read), Purifier Zealot and Void Thrasher! And I thought that weird red-eyed portrait would be Amon! (highlight to read)

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: GameStop Physical CE pre-order page +...Wait, who's in that portrait (Spoilers?)

Blizzard is the only company I know that is excellent at preventing leaks (ending leaks not included, other companies have worse all the time) but then proceeds to spoil everything on their own. I swear, the pre-release promo material is as good as playing the campaign itself anymore minus the gameplay.

Doesn't necessarily mean Narud is coming back. And, no, I still refuse to believe that Narud is Duran. One day, Blizzard will redeem the most wasted character in all fantasy fiction. (/joke)
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 07-20-2015 at 06:30 AM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Default Re: GameStop Physical CE pre-order page +...Wait, who's in that portrait (Spoilers?)

"Good job, you killed him as Kerrigan! ...too bad that didn't do jack shit, because he's back again for you to kill as Protoss!"

Probably more of a 'he was revived by his Master' situation. Either way it seems kind of lame. In fact, his whole characterization seems silly and off compared to what we saw in Brood War. There he was calm, savvy, and devious as fuck. I mean really, the dude pulled one over on the Queen of Blades, which is no small feat considering what she tended to get up to.
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

Quote Originally Posted by Alar View Post
    "Good job, you killed him as Kerrigan! ...too bad that didn't do jack shit, because he's back again for you to kill as Protoss!"

Probably more of a 'he was revived by his Master' situation. Either way it seems kind of lame. In fact, his whole characterization seems silly and off compared to what we saw in Brood War. There he was calm, savvy, and devious as fuck. I mean really, the dude pulled one over on the Queen of Blades, which is no small feat considering what she tended to get up to.
    Actually fooling Kerrigan wasn't too hard in BW given her arrogance in thinking she was without limits no matter what....

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Actually fooling Kerrigan wasn't too hard in BW given her arrogance in thinking she was without limits no matter what....
    I never saw that in Kerrigan. Generally Kerri was good at knowing her own weaknesses. She was just also good at putting up a false front when other people were around.

Maybe post-Tassadar ass whoopin', but, even then, there are points for either way. She was arrogant, but she got better. Now's she full retard though, but some how the fictional universe bows to her genius.

For the record, did you play the StarCraft campaign or did you just Let's Play that too? Not trying to dismiss you, just wondering.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Question: the physical CE is available in stores on launch, right? I don't have to pre-order that via. Amazon or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    Maybe post-Tassadar ass whoopin', but, even then, there are points for either way. She was arrogant, but she got better. Now's she full retard though, but some how the fictional universe bows to her genius.

For the record, did you play the StarCraft campaign or did you just Let's Play that too? Not trying to dismiss you, just wondering.
    I played SC/BW. I'm not great at it, but yeah. I go through it periodically to remember the story.

And yeah, I definitely meant more BW.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Question: the physical CE is available in stores on launch, right? I don't have to pre-order that via. Amazon or anything right?
    Right. Everyone will tell you that, they'll be incredibly rare shortly after launch. Could not be more wrong. I run into them all the time and even now they're pretty cheap on Amazon. So, take your time, get it when and where you want.

I also played the original and Brood Wars when they came out. I remember being young at the time, but I had followed the game's development due to being a big fan of the Warcraft series. I'm not saying Kerrigan was ever a genius, but she did manage to keep things from the Overmind and the Cerebrates, and while she's said and done some really stupid shit, I would say it still takes a large amount of guile, cunning, and raw ability to deceive her on the level Duran did. He was basically manipulating her and grabbing up her troops for experimentation right underneath her nose without her figuring it out until it was too late.
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...