Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whispers of Oblivion: Campaign Released

Default Whispers of Oblivion: Campaign Released

In case you'd like to spoil things for yourself.

I haven't watched anything beyond the intro. Anyone have a LotV Beta key they'd like to share?
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 07-14-2015 at 01:05 AM.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Default Re: Whispers of Oblivion: Campaign Released

How dare you post this at three in the morning.

*thinks about staying up later*

...must....resist.....

I already watched it, Vision.

Here is the review from battlenet (not by me).

Read it, and tell me if you agree with the following:

So, again something seems to have leaked from Blizz to us. Here's the video of the new mini-campaign we should officially see soon™:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om_VoDxtFFo
    I've watched it all. I will try to avoid as humanly possible to spoil things.
    In one word? We are back to square one. Even less, I fear. Cheesy lines, fantasy themes in a motherfriggin sci-fi saga, Amon referred as nothing less than a god. As if that wasn't enough, we still must rush (or semi rush in the second mission's case) to destroy one thing or a sequence of things, with the usual plethora of two-three side objectives conveniently placed near where our troops will be. And HOLY SHEIT: ZERATUL IS STILL FRIGGIN TALKING ALONE AGAIN IN THE LAST MISSION, THAT ALSO, TO WORSEN THE SITUATION, IS EQUAL TO THE FIRST CR@PHECY MISSION OF WOL!!!
    Visual models are good, and so are the tileset. The Tal'Darim even got "personal" models for some units/structures.
    We get some light at the very beginning about Duran/Narud, but in the form of Zeratul explaining things (TO HIMSELF) before starting the very first mission as if it was just a side thing to say and not a thing that could have been REALLY IMPORTANT IN THE STORY. Anyway... reassuming:

~ Finally we have our answer about the Duran/Narud "mistery", but for how it's told to us, it just feels like something thrown there without care.
    - Amon referred as a god. THIS IS (or better, was) MOTHERFRIGGIN SCI-FI! IF I WANT "FANTASY" I READ LotR OR OTHER STUFF!
    - Still cheesy dialogues. Nothing new sadly. some of them pretty terrible too, like "hear hear".
    - Hidden timer, that we hoped to see no more, in the first mission and a declared one in the second. The "best" (only) strategy seems to be rushing.
    + A little sweet note when Zeratul uses a proper Dark Templar sentence to the young Adept (didn't get her name)
    + New and interesting tilesets
    ~ Some potential in the new mechanics (for the second mission) where you'll have to harvest Vespene Gas manually, but it's squandered because of another motherfriggin timer related to the availability of it (see above).
    ~ The alternative models for the Tal'Darim. They are far too easy to identify as the "bad guys". At least they got personal visual models for some units/structures.
    --- The last mission is THE MOTHERFRIGGIN SAME as the first mission of the Cr@phecy ark of Wol. THE-SAME! You infiltrate the temple, you do some side objectives along the way to get more troops, you discover something, you escape to salvation with the "bonus" (malus) of [SPOILER] the sacrifice of the newly introduced character [SPOILER].
    --- Zeratul is still talking to himself like a retard.
    - Zeratul is still the all-mighty hero with a lot of abilities
    - [Spoiler]Again Forceghost Tassadar comes in somehow and saves the day[Spoiler]

No good Blizz. No good at all.

I'm sooo glad they made the Tal'darim structures black and red colored. How else would we know they're evil?

Yeah, basically what that review said. This is exactly the same stuff SC2 has always been. I don't understand why Blizz can't write compelling Protoss drama anymore. Just because the Protoss use fancy language doesn't mean their problems are any more complicated than than the humans. Why can't they have a gritty adventure too? Well, the silver lining of Aldaris being dead is that he's not dragged into this mess.

Zeratul....holy crap the dude is drunk. That's the only explanation for everything that's happening.

The only things I liked about this were:
    -The music inbetween missions is great
    -There was an instance of SC1 Protoss music
    -I like that Adept chick

How dare you post this at three in the morning.

*thinks about staying up later*

...must....resist.....
    Sorry, Nissa. Got out of work really late, but I still had to make my daily StarCraft google before bed.

And, as I expected, I cannot read any of the replies to this thread due to spoiler-mines. *sigh*
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Sorry, Nissa. Got out of work really late, but I still had to make my daily StarCraft google before bed.

And, as I expected, I cannot read any of the replies to this thread due to spoiler-mines. *sigh*
    Hey, my post didn't have spoilers. Well, unless you count the drunk Zeratul comment, but he's been nuts for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    - Amon referred as a god. THIS IS (or better, was) MOTHERFRIGGIN SCI-FI! IF I WANT "FANTASY" I READ LotR OR OTHER STUFF!
    The xel'naga have been called gods since the first game. Amon is a xel'naga. Go figure.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    I'm sooo glad they made the Tal'darim structures black and red colored. How else would we know they're evil?

Yeah, basically what that review said. This is exactly the same stuff SC2 has always been. I don't understand why Blizz can't write compelling Protoss drama anymore. Just because the Protoss use fancy language doesn't mean their problems are any more complicated than than the humans. Why can't they have a gritty adventure too? Well, the silver lining of Aldaris being dead is that he's not dragged into this mess.

Zeratul....holy crap the dude is drunk. That's the only explanation for everything that's happening.
    Oh please, crimson is used for evil too often. We would have known their evil anyway. You can make their color pink for all I care.

Zeratul's actions in the last mission is meh. It's SLIGHTLY better compared to the tutorial he gave in the Whispers of Doom mission, but considering how much just about EVERYONE hated him so badly for those quotes....

It would have been better if Talis was the one telling him to use those abilities. Granted not much, but still....

Hey, my post didn't have spoilers. Well, unless you count the drunk Zeratul comment, but he's been nuts for years now.
    Not completely nuts, Nissa. I guess I was just upset to see the people feel the prologue campaign was a total failure yet again. It had flaws, but it wasn't complete crap.

This is exactly the same stuff SC2 has always been. I don't understand why Blizz can't write compelling Protoss drama anymore.
    Hm, if it's "exactly the same old Sc2 stuff has always been", then it's clear they can't write compelling drama (let alone being of the Protoss type) because their writers just aren't any good.

Well, the silver lining of Aldaris being dead is that he's not dragged into this mess.
    *Sigh* It's kinda unfortunate that being "dead" in the Sc2 universe now is nowhere near as final as one would think anymore.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.