Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Watching?

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: What Are You Watching?

God modern Star Trek is so... so... so... jarringly bad. Discovery is a shitshow after two episodes about woke politics. Picard, while being more cohesive on itself, fails to understand rules of the ST universe (chain of command, federation territory, technology, synths, etc all out of the window)

Has anyone been watching a lot of trash lately? I've been working with shows constantly playing on my background monitor. Gonna detox myself from all this useless information by listening to music from now on or useful podcasts.

Here's a list of things to avoid on streaming:
    -Picard
    -The Politician
    -Japan Sinking 2020 anime
    -Outer Banks
    -Dracula
    -Altered Carbon Season 2
    -Hernan
    -the new Zombieland
    -American Horror Story newer seasons
    -Kakegurui
    -Mindhunter Season 2
    -Devilman Crybaby
    -Designated Survivor <---- fantastic pilot, overall ruined by the classical american politics drama trope go watch the first three seasons of house of cards instead

On the other hand been watching low profile comedies with the wife that I have enjoyed and regard as clever jokers: "Working Moms" and "Upload"

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    God modern Star Trek is so... so... so... jarringly bad. Discovery is a shitshow after two episodes about woke politics. Picard, while being more cohesive on itself, fails to understand rules of the ST universe (chain of command, federation territory, technology, synths, etc all out of the window)
    I found Picard to be worse than Discovery largely because it's supposed to be continuous/comes after what we know of Star Trek up to that point and it's not. Discovery had more leniency like the other prequel series, Enterprise, to try and be it's own thing. Still it suffers in the same way Picard does in that it's blatantly hollow and all about action and obligatory sci-fi tropes (oh look, there's Borg just because). Both feel cynical and pessimistic, which would make sense for Disovery since it's a prequel to the egalitarian society we've always had with Trek but there's no explanation for it in Picard. Also, that Picard tries to rip-off the Mass Effects reapers plot-line just had me face-palming like Jean-Luc Picard.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Has anyone been watching a lot of trash lately?
    Only seen Altered Carbon season 2 on that list of yours. Been getting into the first season of Dark and the dense plotting around its scifi conceit (not gonna spoil for anyone who hasn't seen it) seems to be holding up so far. Also, finally got around to watching Sense8 as well. I found the concept more intriguing/interesting than the mystery/conspiracy plot it leaned into. It kinda reminded me of how Orphan Black went.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Altered Carbon Season 2
    Complete trash. They had such a great first season too... Very unfortunate. There were so many retarded crap in there but the worse offender was:

But I guess it wouldn't be netflix if they didn't add a badly written token character in there. Would have been nice if at least they got someone that can actually believably look and act like a badass. Oh well, could be worse I guess. They had the decency of making her relevant to the story instead of just a plug-in unlike:

"Lets find out!" ..... "no, lets not"

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Then you should have chosen the game designer path, and then be prepared to face criticism from the audience.
    You have no idea what my life has been like. I never had that choice. I only got interested in Starcraft in the last few years, years after my career had already been decided.

Be prepared to face criticism? You mean the same way that Starcraft fanboys dismiss all criticism of SC1? The way that Blizzard dismisses all criticism?

@ Sandwich

I can only vaguely recall who those people are and what they were in. Otherwise, I can't remember anything else about them. Haha!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    You have no idea what my life has been like. I never had that choice. I only got interested in Starcraft in the last few years, years after my career had already been decided.

Be prepared to face criticism? You mean the same way that Starcraft fanboys dismiss all criticism of SC1? The way that Blizzard dismisses all criticism?
    Yeah well it's not like I had a choice either. You live a life of being kicked around ALL THE TIME, it does something to you. It's why I wasn't as critical of what they made for Kerrigan's character, though obviously you can only go so far on such a scale, one of Blizzard's flaws.

@ Sandwich

I can only vaguely recall who those people are and what they were in. Otherwise, I can't remember anything else about them. Haha!
    My point exactly

Not sure if you were just saying this as a joke or not but, in case you weren't: First one was the bounty hunter in Altered Carbon season 2. She's in a relation with another woman and have a kid. She's supposed to be notoriously good at her job but I think I'd feel more threaten by a little kitten. She helps Kovacs throughout the season and have a lame backstory that tie-in with the main plot.

Second one was in Star Wars 9. When the crew lands near the death star's wreckage, this random girl comes out of nowhere and tries to act cool. Flinn or w/e his name is, briefly bound with her because she is also a former storm trooper(and idk if it's just me but he looks like he's flirting with her a bit? another addition to the harem with Rose and Mary Sue I guess). Then she reappears later riding a horse on a ship cause it's "cool". Then at the end of the movie she tells Lando "idk where I'm from" or something like that, to which Lando replies "lets find out". So yeah, to quote kids nowadays: "it's cringe af".

Honestly, y'all are making me happier than ever that i don't own a television. Lately I've been watching a whole bunch of Two Set Violin on youtube. I was doing research to learn more about the violin for a story I'm writing, and well, I've learned a ton from Brett and Eddy, and they're also really funny.

(@Mislag @Rag: Could you guys please take your arguing elsewhere so that it is not being off topic in this thread? k thx bye.)
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    Honestly, y'all are making me happier than ever that i don't own a television. Lately I've been watching a whole bunch of Two Set Violin on youtube. I was doing research to learn more about the violin for a story I'm writing, and well, I've learned a ton from Brett and Eddy, and they're also really funny.

(@Mislag @Rag: Could you guys please take your arguing elsewhere so that it is not being off topic in this thread? k thx bye.)
    Sorry. Iíll stop.

I blocked Rag because we canít seem to have constructive conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post

Hey I used to play the violin for 9 years, Nissa. What'd you want to know about it?