Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [LotV Story Spoiler] RE The Light & the Dark

Default Re: [LotV Story Spoiler] RE The Light & the Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Donny: You're slightly off. The first mission arc -- the first three missions -- revolve around the Protoss fleets converging on Aiur and invading it, only to be curb stomped. Aiur is the homeworld and mecca for all Protoss, Khalai, Dark Templar and otherwise. It is from this world that their technology and armies are also empowered by the psionic matrix. It's also a political ploy by Artanis, an attempt to unite the fracturing Protoss tribes into a cohesive whole, once and for all. Retaking the homeland is the one thing all Protoss agree on.

Of course, Artanis' plan backfires, and the tribes are fractured and scattered. This is the point at which the Protoss must re-evaluate their priorities and culture. Perhaps at that point, their focus on a single world will be surpassed.
    It'll surpass their focus of a single world, but it still won't mean anything when it comes to dealing with Amon.

I expect old history to be brought up in the BW:

Artanis would see that back then, they agreed to an alliance with Kerrigan because of the 2nd Overmind, and Fenix agreed to it again due to the threat of the UED. While she wasn't wrong about the threat the UED posed, look where that ended up.

Therefore, this time there won't be a "siding with the evil we know to fight the evil we don't." This time it's still likely Artanis may decide to just focus their efforts on the swarm first. Once Kerrigan is dead and the swarm gone, THEN they'll take their chances with Amon.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Khala

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Psionic_Matrix

Just so we're clear, the Khala and psionic matrix aren't the same thing. The Khala is something used by individual Khalai, a mental connection. The psionic matrix only has function in a technological sense (used by pylons and the nexus for instance).

As for the Khala being corrupted, I'm "bleh" about it. If the Khala is made into something that's bad/or a crutch, I have to shake my head. We've twice seen the effects of Khala and Void energies being used in sync to the protoss's benefit, so taking away the Khala not only runs contrary to that, but takes away from the racial diversity of the protoss. I'm left to ask why LotV even needs it. Amon can kick the GA's arse at Aiur through shear force, I don't think the story needs corruption of it to function. And that Khalai such as Artanis can so easily function without their nerve appendages when we've seen how traumatic this is in previous lore (e.g. Lekila), I feel the nature of the Khalai and Khala is being cheapened as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    As for the Khala being corrupted, I'm "bleh" about it. If the Khala is made into something that's bad/or a crutch, I have to shake my head. We've twice seen the effects of Khala and Void energies being used in sync to the protoss's benefit, so taking away the Khala not only runs contrary to that, but takes away from the racial diversity of the protoss. I'm left to ask why LotV even needs it. Amon can kick the GA's arse at Aiur through shear force, I don't think the story needs corruption of it to function. And that Khalai such as Artanis can so easily function without their nerve appendages when we've seen how traumatic this is in previous lore (e.g. Lekila), I feel the nature of the Khalai and Khala is being cheapened as a result.
    It's hard to say. The Khala was something that the Protoss developed, but this was due to the Xel'Naga uplifting when they arrived on Aiur. It was from that Khala that the Xel'Naga felt the Protoss were worthy to continue the uplifting, so it's not complete BS for Amon to corrupt it.

The protoss already have a "primitive" psychic link when the xel'naga returned to Aiur to check them out. I think Twilight (the SC novel) suggested that what Khas rediscovered was a "narrow" version of the original link.

In HotS, the zerg link was shown to be a "bad thing" for the zerg ("broken zerg"). I doubt it's coincidence that Kerrigan became a primal zerg and recruited more for her cause. I'm sure Amon planned to use the psychic link to weaken the zerg when the time was right, and may very well end up as surprised as Mengsk was when his Psi Destroyer failed.

- - - Updated - - -

The protoss already have a "primitive" psychic link when the xel'naga returned to Aiur to check them out. I think Twilight (the SC novel) suggested that what Khas rediscovered was a "narrow" version of the original link.

In HotS, the zerg link was shown to be a "bad thing" for the zerg ("broken zerg"). I doubt it's coincidence that Kerrigan became a primal zerg and recruited more for her cause. I'm sure Amon planned to use the psychic link to weaken the zerg when the time was right, and may very well end up as surprised as Mengsk was when his Psi Destroyer failed.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not exactly WEAKEN the Zerg, unless you mean right after all the Protoss were killed in the In Utter Darkness mission. It was merely to use the link to ensure they would obey his command and everything.