Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unused HoTS Story Elements

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Unused HoTS Story Elements

Zeratul has this, I guess he had another ability at some point.
    - "Spore crawlers can detect my presence! A few well-placed void spheres will dispatch them easily enough!"
    Yep. I used Void Spheres as one of Meliak's abilities in Subjection (minus the sound, had to make that myself).

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Assorted misc dialogue from Raynor, Kerrigan, and Artanis, no idea what for. They're all labeled "AICommunication_<Race>AICommand" and seem to be part of some tutorial for the three races, the three talking about looking for expansion spots, detecting invisible units, we need more units, and other basic things.
    AI has their own voice in team games, I think its a new HotS feature. Load up a 2v2/3v3/4v4 with AI partners, Artanis/Kerrigan/Raynor communicates with you

Found all I can. Some pretty neat stuff it looks like.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 08-30-2014 at 06:33 PM.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

There's more. Go to Data -> Conversations. Type "obsolete" into the right hand column to filter for obsolete dialog.

There's nothing there, and I'm not looking very hard. The editor and I have never gotten along, I'm amazed I found what I did.

EDIT - Did find some things though. Will update post over time tonight.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 08-30-2014 at 06:43 PM.

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    There's more. Go to Data -> Conversations. Type "obsolete" into the right hand column to filter for obsolete dialog.
    Oh, thanks for that. Here's what I said a few days ago:

Quote Originally Posted by NikoMyCousin View Post
    It's been ages since I looked at obsolete triggers, I can't seem to remember how I got there. But I recall the game starting off completely differently. Kerrigan (seemed like?) a captive to Valerian, which lead to her quote "The girl you remember is dead" to Raynor. I might be completely wrong about the captive part but I do believe she was getting taken to get researched on more prior to Lab Rat and both Raynor and Kerrigan heavily objected it.

The Arcturus/Kerrigan conversations were pure gold though, its a crime that they took those out.
    And this is it:

Didn't find much after all, just a couple Valerian conversations. Seems the WoL didn't separate the obsolete dialogue from the kept, judging from the screenshot.

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

AI has their own voice in team games, I think its a new HotS feature. Load up a 2v2/3v3/4v4 with AI partners, Artanis/Kerrigan/Raynor communicates with you
    Do you remember what they said?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Do you remember what they said?
    It's just stuff they say to add flavor to the game, like "Taking this expansion over here" or "Scouting the enemy base"

It's just stuff they say to add flavor to the game, like "Taking this expansion over here" or "Scouting the enemy base"
    So nothing really important.