Thread: Which novels to get first?

Sheliek's Avatar Member

Default Which novels to get first?

I wanted to finish reading all the SC2 books I haven't read yet. I have Queen of Blades, I, Mengsk, Dark Templar Saga 2, and Flashpoint (thanks again to whoever from here sent me that).

Which ones besides those should I get to first? The best ones I've read came from the 2007-2009 timeframe, should I stick to that 'era' of the books first if it maintains similar quality? Also, any new novels announced since Evolution?

Default Re: Which novels to get first?

Since Evolution, the only thing that's coming out is Shadow Wars.

You may want to read I, Mengsk first, people say that's a good book

I recommend none of them. They suck. All of them.

Actually, I kinda liked the plot to SCG: Nova, but it was written so terribly it's not the easiest thing to enjoy.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa View Post
    I recommend none of them. They suck. All of them.

Actually, I kinda liked the plot to SCG: Nova, but it was written so terribly it's not the easiest thing to enjoy.
    And I thought you had felt I Mengsk was SOMEWHAT decent, Nissa.

I actually haven't read that one. I might, if it comes to my bookstore. Won't actually buy it, though.
    - Artanis.

I actually haven't read that one. I might, if it comes to my bookstore. Won't actually buy it, though.
    You really think it'd suck that badly?

Sure. All the rest do.

People get on my case for being "biased", but if Blizzard churns out nonsense for each book, I can't be criticized for thinking the one I didn't get to matches the pattern.
    - Artanis.

Sure. All the rest do.

People get on my case for being "biased", but if Blizzard churns out nonsense for each book, I can't be criticized for thinking the one I didn't get to matches the pattern.
    I'd eventually get to I, Mengsk. The only one I'm almost 100% positive I'd never read is Queen of Blades, back from 2006. Shadow of the Xel'Naga at least tried to introduce the energy creature, if only Blizzard explained more on that part in the years following