Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All right people, liven up, BlizzCon 2014's approaching and LotV's reveal is near!

Default Re: All right people, liven up, BlizzCon 2014's approaching and LotV's reveal is near

Quote Originally Posted by Alex06 View Post
    Yeah, I suspect we'll hear something by the end of June. Hopefully. Otherwise, it'd be pretty disappointing, given that it took 15 months for most of their games, but more for this one.
    You have to remember that for all the Blizzard games, as in expansions, have all come out 22 to 26 months after the main game.

HotS was the first time this rule was broken, and in the negative way, because it took 31 months to get out after WoL.

And all of this was done for the sake of multiplayer and esports, both of which fell way short of Blizzard expectations anyway, and the campaign too fell way short of expectations.

Therefore, LotV has to take LESS time to get out.

In fact, on the battlenet forums, by late summer 2012 (shortly before the HotS beta came out), people were already complaining that if HotS was going to take THIS long, then why not just separate the campaign and multiplayer into TWO games, and give us the campaign one right away.

Default Re: All right people, liven up, BlizzCon 2014's approaching and LotV's reveal is near

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    In fact, on the battlenet forums, by late summer 2012 (shortly before the HotS beta came out), people were already complaining that if HotS was going to take THIS long, then why not just separate the campaign and multiplayer into TWO games, and give us the campaign one right away.
    Because it would be potentially risky to Blizz since people might not buy the campaign considering not many people completed it the first time anyway and that the focus of the game is MP anyway. And this isn't even going into the furor about the quality of its story/writing mind you. You'd also get people complaining that Blizz would be money-grubbing by splitting the game yet again. *shrug*
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Because it would be potentially risky to Blizz since people might not buy the campaign considering not many people completed it the first time anyway and that the focus of the game is MP anyway. And this isn't even going into the furor about the quality of its story/writing mind you. You'd also get people complaining that Blizz would be money-grubbing by splitting the game yet again. *shrug*
    Oh I understand that. But the fact is Blizzard's response of "when it's done" has its limitations.

Basically look at it this way:

Imagine it's Sept 2015 right now, which means 2 and a half years have passed since HotS was released. There's still no info of ANY kind on LotV, let alone a beta or anything. When asked about this by Blizzard, they're still giving the "when it's done" response.

Do you really think the SC fans would accept that? Or would they demand a better answer out of Blizzard?

Do you really think the SC fans would accept that? Or would they demand a better answer out of Blizzard?
    It's the old "treat em mean, keep em keen" tactic. Besides, we all know that a tonne of fans will lap it up once it's released whether they say anything or not and, in all likelihood, in spite of those "fan entitlement issues" you mentioned.

It's the old "treat em mean, keep em keen" tactic. Besides, we all know that a tonne of fans will lap it up once it's released whether they say anything or not and, in all likelihood, in spite of those "fan entitlement issues" you mentioned.
    Fan entitlement issues has its grounds at times. For example, you can't expect Blizzard will use the "it was all a dream" ending for LotV and not expect a VERY hostile response from the fans.

On the battlenet forums they said there's too much emphasis on the relationship to make it like Twilight. No, I don't expect Blizzard to put them together by the end of LotV, but I expect a better ending than Brood War.

For example, you can't expect Blizzard will use the "it was all a dream" ending for LotV and not expect a VERY hostile response from the fans.
    Funnily enough, I would think that this would be a welcomed ending for some on the grounds they'd already would like to forget that Sc2 even happened at all. Lol, I would welcome this ending purely for the irony. It'd kinda be like "Yes! This junk never really happened at all! I feel vindicated!"

Funnily enough, I would think that this would be a welcomed ending for some on the grounds they'd already would like to forget that Sc2 even happened at all. Lol, I would welcome this ending purely for the irony. It'd kinda be like "Yes! This junk never really happened at all! I feel vindicated!"
    Tell me this then Turalyon, have you see ANY game from ANY company ever use the "it was all a dream" ending?

Tell me this then Turalyon, have you see ANY game from ANY company ever use the "it was all a dream" ending?
    Mass Effect 3 by Bioware EA.

OH YEAH, I WENT THERE.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Mario, Kirby, and, yeah, depending on how you stretch the term, a lot of others as well.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Mass Effect 3 by Bioware EA.

OH YEAH, I WENT THERE.
    This is exactly why Bioware is starting another ME game. I never got into the series, but obviously the reaction wasn't good for the ending.