Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hearthstone Beta Key Giveaway!

Default Re: Hearthstone Beta Key Giveaway!

Quote Originally Posted by TheProgramer View Post
    I'm intensely disappointed to say that not enough members came out and wanted to participate, so the tournament is canceled...

... I am disappointed in our general lack of community activity.
    And I'm disappointed SaharaDrac counts as our own. Zing!

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Yes, this forum has gone down hill about as much as SC2 itself has, yet, again, I repeat the problem isn't with the community. You can still find plenty of interesting topics about the lore here, the community is plenty active. It's just that no one cares about Hearthstone, and, well, most of your attempts at anything you do here tends to fail. I could give some reasons why but I'm not feeling like an asshole today.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProgramer View Post
    I'm intensely disappointed to say that not enough members came out and wanted to participate, so the tournament is canceled.

I must say I'm happy that SCLegacy holds it's standing as the oldest SC fan site, and we even send out our own to Blizzcon to get the inside scoop and ask questions that is on the minds of those here at the community, but I am disappointed in our general lack of community activity.
    It is not the community its the lack of effort Blizzard has put into there games in the past few years. Its has been about getting more money and less about the community, and this is shown through the way there marketing is: With Starcraft there are 3 installments with the campaign(s) so far lackluster as all effort was put into the multiplayer and Diablo 3 (and its controls) was designed for consoles not for the PC and don't get me started with the DRM problems.

These actions have just alienated the community, they are appealing to what they believe is their biggest base the "hardcore gamers" not the causal everyday gamer like most of us are. Heartstone is no different, they have been giving multiple keys to people and allowing mass selling of these keys for a free game to occur. People have just lost interest because of the decisions they have made.
    Began the day off with a smile!

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Diablo 3 (and its controls) was designed for consoles not for the PC
    Yes, so much so that, when a console version finally came, it had to have control completely different controls than the PC version.

FYI, TeamLiquid and SC2 eSports is still huge. Diablo 3 sold 14 million and WoW still has close to 8 million subscribers. Other fansites for these games are still huge, but they don't focus on the lore, which is why SCL has declined so much. Still not why this tournament did so badly. Think outside your four walls people.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 11-13-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.