Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Short Story - Carrier

Default Re: Short Story - Carrier

I also got the feeling that Tenzaal was a bit of a shotout to the whole issue of whether the carrier should be removed or not, but unfortunately, it's a shortout that was pulled off iffily.

Which is a shame. The story didn't need internal sabotage to work IMO. And if it did, then...well, I'm sure people are going to shout me down for this, but I think Tenzaal being a Tal'darim would make more sense than just a rogue Khalai. The Tal'darim as a whole have the means (a presence on Shakuras) and motive (their 'mission statement') to do something like this, while Tenzaal's actions on her own hardly benefit the Daelaam.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    I also got the feeling that Tenzaal was a bit of a shotout to the whole issue of whether the carrier should be removed or not, but unfortunately, it's a shortout that was pulled off iffily.

Which is a shame. The story didn't need internal sabotage to work IMO. And if it did, then...well, I'm sure people are going to shout me down for this, but I think Tenzaal being a Tal'darim would make more sense than just a rogue Khalai. The Tal'darim as a whole have the means (a presence on Shakuras) and motive (their 'mission statement') to do something like this, while Tenzaal's actions on her own hardly benefit the Daelaam.
    Yeah, the obviousness of the meta aspects really hit home when Tenzaal's motivation was more of an implausible out-of-universe one rather than a plausible in-universe one.

I don't see why you're afraid of people saying that you'd think it was better if she was Tal'Darim because that would make so much more sense than what we got. The Tal'Darim are fanatics and so is Tenzaal it seems, so the reasoning looks fine to me!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

It's more along the lines of how the Tal'darim are a group that a few individuals would...rather not exist, to put it mildly. It's like saying "Star Wars needs a comic character for something, we have a pre-existing comic character in the form of Jar-Jar Binks, so we already have the character we need." Technically true, but not something that many fans would like to be reminded of.