Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duran's possible Leader

Default Duran's possible Leader

So today I was bored so I was on the SC wikia and I saw a page called
    http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Voic...s_%28entity%29
    and I read it. This is apparently new info from Frontline 4. If you read it, the Entity is apparently some being captured by the Xel'Naga and imprisoned in the Void. It claims to be more powerful then the Xel'Naga and stuff etc. Now we know that Duran is not working for the Xel'Naga (cause his hybrids are counter Xel'Naga) and that he is working for a "far-greater power". Do you think he could be working for the Voice in the Darkness?

Default Re: Duran's possible Leader

It's just an envoy of the Burning Legion. Pay it no mind.

... That's the way it seems, anyway. One common fan theory is that the Xel'Naga encountered an enemy from their home galaxy, expelling them. Perhaps, however, they encountered one here instead. It may have aided enemies of the 'Naga, giving them information necessary to yield their destruction at the hands of the Zerg Overmind.

Of course, from this biography, it seems to be, or be formed from, some natural process. That's the reason I draw the parallel between it and the WarCraft demons. That, and it's "pure evil" from a separate plane. Oi vey, this is NOT WarCraft in space... please, Chris Metzen, I want to hear you say those words... =[

Or maybe THIS is what infested Duran before Kerrigan? Hrm.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 10-07-2009 at 10:57 PM.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    It's just an envoy of the Burning Legion. Pay it no mind.

... That's the way it seems, anyway. One common fan theory is that the Xel'Naga encountered an enemy from their home galaxy, expelling them. Perhaps, however, they encountered one here instead. It may have aided enemies of the 'Naga, giving them information necessary to yield their destruction at the hands of the Zerg Overmind.

Of course, from this biography, it seems to be, or be formed from, some natural process. That's the reason I draw the parallel between it and the WarCraft demons. That, and it's "pure evil" from a separate plane. Oi vey, this is NOT WarCraft in space... please, Chris Metzen, I want to hear you say those words... =[

Don't use Naga and warcraft in the same post, it gets confusing

Like I said in the other thread, I hope they don't reuse this idea but I doubt we'll be able to escape our dose of magical stuff in Starcraft 2. The artifacts may lead to something quite unimpressive. I just hope I'm wrong.

Could be...could be not...we will see in "Legacy of the Void" (HINT: Void)

Don't use Naga and warcraft in the same post, it gets confusing
    Sorry. I DID have an apostrophe there, though. ^_^;

A li'l off-topic, but: It's my hypothesis that the Hybrids are an amalgamation of Zerg form and Protoss essence -- ie, the imperfections of each.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 10-10-2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Aaand sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutaxilos View Post
    Now we know that Duran is not working for the Xel'Naga (cause his hybrids are counter Xel'Naga)
    I still say he's a Xel'Naga gone rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Oi vey, this is NOT WarCraft in space... please, Chris Metzen, I want to hear you say those words... =[

Chris MEtzen saying that would be freaking amazing.

also it would make sense that it possibly infested Duran since he doesn't look freaky deekey like Kerrigan

I agree that this being could be a very strong contender for the 'badguy' behind Duran.

We know from the Dark Templar novels (specifically, Twilight) that something or someone is trying to stop the Xel'Naga's rebirth from happening. It really seems to tie in to that particular story from Frontline 4.

1) This being can 'possess' the bodies of other species like Humans and Protoss.

2) It is ancient enough to fit Duran's statement of having 'many names throughout the millennia' and has 'slept for countless ages'.

3) It has a motive: it hates the Xel'Naga for imprisoning it on that planet.

4) It is a being of the Void. For some reason, Void-powered stuff seems to be anti-Xel'Naga in nature, which is why Dark Templar are able to kill Cerebrates.

I have this 'Fifth Element' vibe going on :P.

Hm, I hadn't thought of the notion that Dark Templar may be able to nullify Xel'Naga as well. Given the tribal reunification efforts beings spearheaded by Artanis, this could put the Protoss in an awkward position, if any of the Xel'Naga DO return. Maybe this is what catalyzes the tribal splintering in Legacy of the Void; the Dark Templar may be maligned once more - by their own creators! - and the tribes have differing opinions on the situation.
    Aaand sold.

But if Duran is anti-Xel'Naga and Zeratul is anti-Duran, then why is the latter so worried about the Xel'Naga returning and exclaiming how it will be the end of all things? Unless of course, he's been swayed over to the other side...