Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abathur Advisor instead of Queen

Default Abathur Advisor instead of Queen

I would like to have Abather as my Zerg Advisor instead of the Queen. He sounds alot cooler.

That is all.

Default Re: Abather Advisor instead of Queen

Haha!! There is a HUGE thread on the bet forums on this same topic, and the fact is:

Abathur, as advisor. Good. Make swarm better. Obtain more essence.

Abathur would make a lot of sense, and he wouldn't just be a knock-off of the Adjutant the way Ishza is. (Like Ishza is... really just a Zerg adjutant, it's kind of dumb.) I don't really get how it's the Queen. The actual Queen unit doesn't even speak.

It'd also mean that the Zerg buildings would have their own portrait rather than just using the Overlord for no reason. (Again... why isn't it the Queen?)
    Last edited by Aldrius; 03-21-2013 at 11:20 AM.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

"Nuclear launch detected. Implications... unpleasant. "
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    Abathur would make a lot of sense, and he wouldn't just be a knock-off of the Adjutant the way Ishza is. (Like Ishza is... really just a Zerg adjutant, it's kind of dumb.) I don't really get how it's the Queen. The actual Queen unit doesn't even speak.

It'd also mean that the Zerg buildings would have their own portrait rather than just using the Overlord for no reason. (Again... why isn't it the Queen?)
    That's simple: because Zerg has Brood Mothers, and the Zerg advisor voice is likely based on that. Brood Mothers are modified queens anyways, so saying "why isn't it the Queen?", is a little moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Hahahaha! lol! That's actually why everyone wants Abathur as advisor Maybe LOTV?

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    But can he do the patter songs?

Abathur would be awesome as Advisor. There is also a thread on teamliquid talking about it. They could definitely use these things to attract casuals like they did with the unit skins, so after some levels you would chose between some advisors. I don't that they will do it now, but I definitely see the potential for LotV.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Quote Originally Posted by RamiZ View Post
    Abathur would be awesome as Advisor. There is also a thread on teamliquid talking about it. They could definitely use these things to attract casuals like they did with the unit skins, so after some levels you would chose between some advisors. I don't that they will do it now, but I definitely see the potential for LotV.
    Funny you say that blitz, on the bnet forums, just posted a thread about this too, and he posted some imaginary examples of good advisors (and their lines) for each race

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8402350441

Workers under attack. Advise immediate action.
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

Blizzard is being too old school with this game. If people will buy items and play Barbie with their dota2 heroes ($10 for a HUD skin on dota2) - why not introduce microtransactions for sc2? I'm surprised they haven't actually. An abethor adjutant would sell like mad...it would also give blizzard an excuse to put more development into extras for it.