Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: Legacy of the Void

  1. #21

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentian View Post
    We also can't forget Jim's heroic sacrifice to save Kerrigan. You know it's going to happen. Nothing much you can do with those two characters anymore and WOL and HOTS have implied that they will die.
    Or they could make up and start a... new race of Terran/Zerg Hybrids.

    IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    Quote Originally Posted by Alar View Post
    Or they could make up and start a... new race of Terran/Zerg Hybrids.

    IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
    That must be the Fourth Race Hawki was talking about.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    Ugh... I never liked the idea of a 4th race, aside from the Xel'Naga as a non-playable race with hybrids figuring into the equation. I think Blizz did a great job with that.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    here is what i expect

    just because kerrigan is now "primal" and free of a possible amon influence, i don't expect stukov to be so fortunate because he is still "infested" and amon might have influence over him leading to a possible betrayal.

    nova surprisingly keeps showing up, i expect her to some how some way find herself in LOTV.

    raynor lead WOL, kerrigan lead HOTS, i expect you to play some protoss hero through the LOTV missions but the question is would it be zeratul? so far zeratul has been a side character assisting both raynor and kerrigan, so will zeratul be in LOTV as a assist role again? i know blizzard has been building up kerrigan as the weapon to defeat amon but how will the protoss you play tie into that defeat? if you are zeratul then i expect raynor to come assist him. raynor needs something to do, saving the universe seems like a good idea.

    i expect as the protoss hero you are going to have to deal with the brood queen left on the escaping protoss colony ship as a mission.

    i expect a female protoss in LOTV, WOL had selendis and HOTS had lasarra. so will it be a new character or an old character or will the hero your playing be that female?
    Last edited by mythology; 03-22-2013 at 06:30 PM.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    I think most would agree that Selendis would be the best choice for protagonist of LotV, but Blizzard have already stated multiple times that it will be Zeratul.

    I think that's a horrible idea, personally. I don't think I'd stand his senility and constant bewilderment at every fucking thing for more than a few missions. I don't mean to harp on his voice acting, but it's just atrocious. I know he's seen some shit, but Zeratul had seen some shit in vanilla, yet still managed to be a confident, mysterious and intimidating figure. Now he's not confident, he's constantly confused by the simplest things. He's not intimidating, because he's obviously senile, having seemingly forgotten huge plot points of vanilla and BW. He's at least kind of been mysterious up until now, but if you put him in the lead for LotV, that's gone, too.

    So yeah, I hope the guys at Blizz put their heads on straight and make Selendis the lead for LotV.

  6. #26
    TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,895

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    Considering LotV will focus on the Xel'Naga, no. Selendis wouldn't even make sense. Even if your argument is that Zertaul is trash, they'd just ruin Selendis too. Besides, Selendis isn't a series staple character like Zeratul.

    Also, it's a factual error that most would prefer Selendis and I shouldn't even have to argue that.



    Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    I've always liked Zeratul, as a character in Sc1, in small doses partly because his mystique makes him seem grander. He loses a bit of this in BW and is devoid of it in SC2 even though we've only had small doses (as far as one can claim that when we've seen him so far he's always in whiz-bang action scenes, a "small dose") of him.

    Artanis could conceivably take the reigns of the protagonist in LotV but like what TheE says about Selendis, he's not as much of a staple as Zeratul (better than Selendis maybe?) and doesn't seem to have as much personal stake in this whole Xel'Naga business like Zeratul does. As it stands, they'd have to write Zeratul extremely well in LotV to be the main protagonist, because character-wise, he's quite a yawn at the moment and primarily works best (or rather, he used too) as a loner.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.


    _______________________________________________

  8. #28

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    Quote Originally Posted by Alar
    Or they could make up and start a... new race of Terran/Zerg Hybrids.

    IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentian
    That must be the Fourth Race Hawki was talking about.
    Except I said why a fourth race shouldn't be the xel'naga or hybrids.

    Quote Originally Posted by mythology
    nova surprisingly keeps showing up, i expect her to some how some way find herself in LOTV.
    It's been hinted at. No idea what role she'll play though.

    Quote Originally Posted by mythology
    raynor lead WOL, kerrigan lead HOTS, i expect you to play some protoss hero through the LOTV missions but the question is would it be zeratul? so far zeratul has been a side character assisting both raynor and kerrigan, so will zeratul be in LOTV as a assist role again? i know blizzard has been building up kerrigan as the weapon to defeat amon but how will the protoss you play tie into that defeat? if you are zeratul then i expect raynor to come assist him. raynor needs something to do, saving the universe seems like a good idea.
    While it's been confirmed Raynor will appear, personally, I don't see it as necessary. It's a protoss campaign, I'd like the focus to remain on the protoss. Raynor could make an appearence I guess, but preferably without the Dominion/Raiders riding at his back.

    Quote Originally Posted by mythology
    i expect as the protoss hero you are going to have to deal with the brood queen left on the escaping protoss colony ship as a mission.
    Probably. I'm guessing it would be at/near the start of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by mythology
    i expect a female protoss in LOTV, WOL had selendis and HOTS had lasarra. so will it be a new character or an old character or will the hero your playing be that female?
    Other people have weighed in, but it's redundant to include the exact quotes. While I'm iffy about Zeratul being the player character, it's more because of the fact that he knows so much that we, the player, don't, what with the whole thing of being in contact with the xel'naga and everything else he did between the DTS and WoL. With Raynor and Kerrigan we generally learnt things at the same rate we did - we learnt about the artifact when Raynor did, we learnt of the existance of the primal zerg when Kerrigan did, etc. Zeratul's got far too much of a headstart on us IMO, so unless that info is given out in a giant info-dump at the start...yeah. I think it's why Zeratul would be better regulated to an advisor. We, the player, learn what he imparts at the same rate our player character does.

    Of such alternatives, I suppose Artanis would be the logical choice by being more established, but honestly, I'd prefer Selendis myself. Artanis is a heirarch, the guy calling the shots. Selendis is a more pro-active character.

    Edit: There is something else to consider though. In the SC2 games, we've always played as the top dog - Raynor and Kerrigan were masters of their own ships and forces, as opposed to SC1 games, where in each campaign there was always someone higher up the chain of command than the player character. Unless Artanis is calling the shots from a distance, I don't think Selendis could be the player character with him on the same ship. Course, if he and Zeratul are on the same ship, you could ask how Zeratul thinks he can get away with ordering Artanis around. Age differences be damned.
    Last edited by Hawki; 03-23-2013 at 02:59 AM.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    Except I said why a fourth race shouldn't be the xel'naga or hybrids.
    It was a joke son.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Legacy of the Void

    COME ON, HAWKI! Jimmy has read those fan fictions!
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

Similar Threads

  1. Why Starcraft 2 won't be complete until Legacy of the Void
    By Wankey in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 12:11 AM
  2. Okay, something HAS to be done about the Void Ray...
    By Dread_Reaper in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 02:15 PM
  3. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 11:09 AM
  4. How does the void ray work now?
    By Wankey in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 11:23 AM
  5. Void ray rush
    By Wrocek in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 12:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •